Main Hydraulic Switch

I have been flying BS since mid Apr and just this week have become confused about the position the ( main hydr switch ) should be in. I have flown with it in the down position with the switch showing through the cover until now. When I flip it to the up position the helo seem to fly better, but I had no problem before. :noexpression:

In the producers note vid the switch gets flipped to the up position, but in the Training vid it's not. Also in mission where the Engine is running a the start, the switch is in the down position. :huh:

So what is the proper position for the switch. :D

Thanks

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

This switch should be in down position - from what I know it provides power to EKRAN, hydraulics and other sensors. I have never flown with this switch in the up position neither think of what could be the effects of it during the flight. Could any of you more advanced folks give some explanation to this?

Thanks

The one behind your right shoulder? Down. I think.

:huh::huh: :doh:

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

@FOXFIRE

There are two switches directly related to the hydraulic system. I'm surprised if the helo's flying better with either of them turned off!

The first one you deal with almost as soon as you get into the helo is the master power switch for the EKRAN/GEARBOX/HYDRAULICS. This switch is located mid-low on the rear auxiliary panel and, upon entering the helo, it will be uncapped and set in the off (up) position. Turn the switch on (down) and cap.

The second hydraulic switch is called the Hydraulic Servo Test Switch. It is located smack dab in the middle of the wall panel. It's basically a hydraulics-only power switch (as opposed to the first one above, that actually powers multiple systems), used to test the auxiliary hydraulic system. When set in the ON (down) position and showing through the cap, the main hydaulic system is powered. To test the backup system turn of the main hyd system by flipping the switch to "MAIN HYD OFF" (up).

When testing, after turning the main system off, you'll notice that the main system pressure gauge on the auxiliary panel drops off, and two advisory lamps (MAIN/STBY HYD SYS VLV) illuminate to the left of the gauge. And if you're throttle is set to the AUTO power setting, you will also receive an EKRAN message "MAIN HYDRO". Just remeber to return the switch and cap when you're done.

-hilikusopus

• Like 1

@FOXFIRE

There are two switches directly related to the hydraulic system. I'm surprised if the helo's flying better with either of them turned off!

The first one you deal with almost as soon as you get into the helo is the master power switch for the EKRAN/GEARBOX/HYDRAULICS. This switch is located mid-low on the rear auxiliary panel and, upon entering the helo, it will be uncapped and set in the off (up) position. Turn the switch on (down) and cap.

The second hydraulic switch is called the Hydraulic Servo Test Switch. It is located smack dab in the middle of the wall panel. It's basically a hydraulics-only power switch (as opposed to the first one above, that actually powers multiple systems), used to test the auxiliary hydraulic system. When set in the ON (down) position and showing through the cap, the main hydaulic system is powered. To test the backup system turn of the main hyd system by flipping the switch to "MAIN HYD OFF" (up).

When testing, after turning the main system off, you'll notice that the main system pressure gauge on the auxiliary panel drops off, and two advisory lamps (MAIN/STBY HYD SYS VLV) illuminate to the left of the gauge. And if you're throttle is set to the AUTO power setting, you will also receive an EKRAN message "MAIN HYDRO". Just remeber to return the switch and cap when you're done.

-hilikusopus

Thank you, The Hyd Servo switch is the one I was refering to. So down and closed is where it should be. And up in testing of the SYS, then returned to down. :thumbup:

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64