Black Shark and Windows 7 Beta Test.

Grale

I tried but same problem...

Ok, maybe another graphics driver can do the trick? I have a Nvidia 8800GTS running with the beta driver 185.20.

Also try do disable the Aero desktop and see if that helps. When I had that problem you describe, Windows 7 notified me that the program wasn't working properly with the Aero desktop. (but now I have no such problems). Hope you figure it out.

Ok, maybe another graphics driver can do the trick? I have a Nvidia 8800GTS running with the beta driver 185.20.

Also try do disable the Aero desktop and see if that helps. When I had that problem you describe, Windows 7 notified me that the program wasn't working properly with the Aero desktop. (but now I have no such problems). Hope you figure it out.

Turned off Aero desktop?

Turned off Aero desktop?

Yes, the stylish desktop theme in Vista and Windows 7 is called Aero.

In windows beta 7, go to control panel> system> advanced system settings > performance settings. Here you can control all the visual things for the desktop. Turn on "adjust for best performance" and then try and see if BS menu diplays correctly. If not, it's probably a graphics driver problem. Try another...

cheers Porphyr

Edited by Porphyr

You should first just try the "Windows 7 Basic" theme.

That said, BlackShark runs fine on my machine with Aero enabled, I wonder if those that can't are running a driver other than the WDDM1.1 nVidia driver that nVidia provided for use in Win 7.

FSX will switch the theme to Windows 7 Basic when I launch the sim, and restores Aero when I shut down. I'm assuming that this is since FSX doesn't run in full screen mode until you actually hit fly. . . normally when a 3D application loads in full screen mode, Aero is turned off in the background.

S! TX-EcoDragon

FSX will switch the theme to Windows 7 Basic when I launch the sim, and restores Aero when I shut down. I'm assuming that this is since FSX doesn't run in full screen mode until you actually hit fly. . . normally when a 3D application loads in full screen mode, Aero is turned off in the background.

You might already know this, but you can set any application to switch to the Basic desktop settingswhen it runs, and it will automatically restore Aero at close. Right click the exe/shortcut >Properties>Compatibility>Disable Desktop Composition/Disable Visual themes.

• Like 1

You might already know this, but you can set any application to switch to the Basic desktop settingswhen it runs, and it will automatically restore Aero at close. Right click the exe/shortcut >Properties>Compatibility>Disable Desktop Composition/Disable Visual themes.

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't noticed that before, but there it is!

S! TX-EcoDragon

help installing bs

Hi, I hope some can help me.

I just installed windows 7 and I am having trouble installing bs. When I try to install bs into the default pathway of C:\Program Files (x86)\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\ it will not install. I get an error messege that I am not sure of what it means since I have the russian download version. From my limited russian understaning I believe it says something about not being able to find a file. Ive added a screenshot attachment. Does anyone have a solution or at least a translation?

Thanks

1114081358_dcserror.thumb.jpg.caa8b59adf6942cc574de8aac53bd1a9.jpg

I am the alpha and the omega

Hi, I hope some can help me.

I just installed windows 7 and I am having trouble installing bs. When I try to install bs into the default pathway of C:\Program Files (x86)\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\ it will not install.

It says "Can't open file for writing". You are probably trying to install without administrator privileges. I also suggest to disable UAC (user account control) to improve compatibility.

This is what I see when I launch and close DCS in Windows 7 Beta Build 7000

Same here. I guess it's the vid drivers, I've tried 8.12 for Vista, ATI Win 7 beta and the ones that came through the Windows Update. Same thing. Tried disabling the Aero (both through the shortcut options and manually) - same thing. The game itself runs great otherwise, and the Multiplayer GUI works well. Weird, but my instinct tells me it's ATI's fault, their drivers are flaky as hell.

Some specs:

C2Duo something something (round 2GHz)

R4850 512MB

4GB DDR2 800

all on Win 7 Beta 7000

etc.

Oh, and can somebody tell me shortly how to set the process affinity so as to increase the FPS? Thanks in advance :).

Don't install games in default directory... usualy Program Files... if you don't have an user with Admin privileges you get into troubles. I use a "games" partition always where my games sit all in their separate folders.

If you insist installing in default location try using "run as administrator" command from right click menu on the setup.exe file of DCS. Still, the game is writting a lot of files in its directory which may force you later to run DCS.exe and Launcher.exe with administrative privileges.

I haven't got into troubles with Windows 7 and DCS till now. Two minor issues:

1. The game sometimes "freezes" for a period when trying to change a key setting or saving a track file.

2. I lost one activation cause I didn't understood I have to use.. "reactivate" on the new Win7 instalation and not normal activation... oh well... down to 6 :D ... my fault.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Okay, got it to work. I installed 8.12 vista driver (manually, first removed catalyst drivers, then through the device manager, automatic installation won't work). Now I have more or less usable GUI, though it does flicker when in full screen and when I'm moving the mouse around. So I guess it's Catalyst after all...

zaelu, I also lost the activation, same thing here bro... ah what can you do, you pay for not paying attention...

EDIT: Installed the Win 7 preview Catalyst - and no change (but the GUI is not white anymore). And the GUI flickering gets worse if I turn off Aero! Plain weirdness. Catalysts are flaky, guess I'll be buying nVidia next...

@Lobo - thx for the link, Jesse's util works like a charm!

Edited by PE_Tigar

FYI In case anyone else is having W7 SB Audigy problems.

Black Shark. Windows 7. Sound Blaster Audigy ZS. After loading Windows 7, I ran windows update, (which installed a driver for the Audigy ZS dated 2006). I had sound albeit quieter than normal. In DCS BS I had occaisional crackling sounds and then the sound would cut out altogether.

The sound driver that W7 loads for this card is botched. Found this site with an unofficial driver which is made for W7:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=135324

For me this has fixed my Windows 7 sound issues, and my sound in Black Shark is 100% better and does not cut out.

:)

Hey, I am not alone with the GUI flickering... GREAT! :D

I have the same problem with full screen GUI flickering. It is annoying when trying to build a mission as the whole screen tries to break apart but, I found a workaround solution for the moment... I switch to 1440X900 windowed... I make the mission modifications then turn back to 1680X1050 full screen and play... ta daa.. :)

Also after playing a bit more with the game I observed that the "shadow bug" do appear under DX11 too (even with -DX9 in shortcut) but, kinda only from cockpit view... outside all is OK. The bug appears when in the morning and you use a bit of clouds.

I used for my Audigy 2ZS the Vista 64 drivers modified by Daniel_K and they work very well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

ED team, do your best to meet GAMES FOR WINDOWS specs with the next release and/or patch.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

No Tigar, I have a Nv8800GT card.

What is stranger is that it didn't appear from the first time...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ha ha... I have a Acer AL2216WSD connected through digital connector and is staying at 59Hz also... and I have a feeling that this 1Hz has something to do with the flickering too :D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I just ran the benchmarks using Fraps and Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 pretty much zero difference as expected (from Takeoff to Wheels Down on the Air Defenses or something like that demo).

Think there's some over hyping going on here. It does look nicer than xp and feels snappy, but I don't know what else it does for you.