RvE Lockon Realism Mod Release Candidate 4 (Public Beta)

RvEYoda

LRM mod RC5 soon entering public test phase

I would like to present the project that we have been working on last week

or so, which we now feel is ready for public testing on the RvE dedi.

The mod includes a good amount of ways to deal with exploits currently

in the game. We also implement a few system details that should have

been there from the beginning. Everything is done in lua input/output,

and the full details are available here

At 1400Z today 20th of september 2008 the LRM mod goes live

on RvE dedicated in HL. This first test is just that....a test. Balancing

will me made continously and we appreciate all feedback.

Server stats will be disabled while we are still in testing phase.

Remember RvE Server runs 80s only setting, and using unauthorized

payload (example 120C and R-27E) will get you banned

Update :

Currently working on a fix for the magic barrell roll ;)

Something in this way...

If missile has enough energy (in relation to its target) and is of a maneuverable type,

then if close enough for proximity fuse, BANG.

Update 23rd september:

Documentation for RC5 is now online, server will soon become "the 90s server" ;).

Link to the documentation is here

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 2

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Content

Radar/EOS automatic sensor antenna center on target . . . . . . . . . . . .

F-15 IFF . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

New Airbrake/Flaps automatic control . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Low altitude Self-Jamming . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Reduced chaff importance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

New ECM and ECCM logic . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dealing with maddogged R-27ETs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now low flyers and maddoggers will think twice before doing it ;)

What people should consider is that the only purpose of this mod is to imrpove realism and gameplay. It adresses some of the most discussed things about eventual 1.13 patch so I encourage all people who have expressed their opinion in the 1.13 thread to give it a try. You'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

• Like 2

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Currently working on a fix for the magic barrell roll ;)

Something in this way...

If missile has enough energy (in relation to its target) and is of a maneuverable type,

then if close enough for proximity fuse, BANG.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

The F-15 now has 1/3 of the default chaff (40), Flanker has 30 and MiG has 20. In fact, the mods affects the F-15 at highest degree.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Radar/EOS automatic sensor antenna center on target . . . . . . . . . . . .

F-15 IFF . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

New Airbrake/Flaps automatic control . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Low altitude Self-Jamming . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Reduced chaff importance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

New ECM and ECCM logic . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dealing with maddogged R-27ETs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

how can you deal with those issues with LUA alone? isnt it hardcoced?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Within Yoda the Force it is Strong.........

Cheers Gents for all the Effort and Dedication.........along with Ironhands' tutorials a reason to contemplate getting to know the Fast-Movers a wee bitty better me thinks :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Chaff has been reduced on all Aircraft to increase the Pk of radar guided missiles.

why did you reduced the amount of chaft on the russian airplanes? why did you guys give the f-15 more chaft than the sukhoy, do you guys have the numbers of how many are being carried by the real airplanes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Chaff has been reduced on all Aircraft to increase the Pk of radar guided missiles.

How So?

Would the principle - 'If you Run Out - Bug Out' not effectively negate any possible Pk increase?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Trouble is that the default chaff model in LO is waaay too effective, sometimes only one pop trashes a missile. Radioactive chaff like Yoda likes to say. Reducing the onboard chaff load is his approach to deal with that issue. Energy dodging is still valid though.

=RvE=

Beta testing going well so far, ironed out a few bugs and server will soon be up again.

F-15 IFF now works also STT ;)

Correction for Airbrake script.

Because lockon does not model airbrake efficiency as a function

of angle of attack (its still functioning while its covered), it makes no

sense popping it in.

Reason is if we pop it in, then the guy at 11 AoA will brake faster than

the guy at 15 AoA :P

The new airbrake script will pop in the AB when at high AoA at landing speeds (very low).

It will not do it at medium or high speeds, unless speed exceeds M0.9 (regardless of AoA)

(this number is indicated as where it gets problematic with airbrake - flanker manual)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

in other words

airbrakes retract (all jets) below 250kmh and more then 14 AoA and will not work above 0.9 mach no matter what AoA.

Explanation: At low speed it prevents you from stalling by slowing down to much and high speed limitation is based on structural (virtual ) problems and limitations.

The real F-15 does not allow using airbrake above 12deg AoA no matter what speed but these values seem not to fit in gameplay-functionality in Lockon environment for many reasons.

Flaps instead will retract as soon as 250kts reached or as soon as 2.5G reached.

Reason: usually they would just rip off :)

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fixed one of Lockon's standard bugs

In the F-15: If you switch from Vertical scan to NAV mode,

next time you try to move the antenna up/down it will be stuck

if you use buttons and not rotator.

Workaround : click BORE and then NAV again. This workaround has been automated

in LRM :)

This is the first Lockon 1.12 bug that's been fixed :)