LLTM impressions

Joe Kurr

Joe mate I envy you. Let me know when you upload more pictures to LLTM website. S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

LLTM impressions

Still no reports from LLTM? :noexpression:

Who will be first? :) (2nd, 3rd,...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

Took her up for a spin and managd to get her back on the ground in one piece. Great and smooth graphics. Looks quite amazing actually.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Ain't looking a beautiful organization? I wish I could be there.

P.S. Jim Mack's pictures so nice! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

I was there on friday for approx. half an hour. I would've spent more time but life got in the way...

I sat at the controls for about 5 minutes so I couldn't give you an honest review of the game. I was impressed by the UI. Mission planner looked really nice and clean. As a Flanker (1.0) fanatic I always liked the minimalist windows interface but I guess that doesn't fly anymore in this day and age. Loading a simple mission didn't seem to take up a lot of time which was a pleasant surprise. I'd expect that to be improved upon in the final product as there's still a lot of debugging code. I played on Jim's laptop (easy settings). Don't remember the specs but lets be honest... you want to play this simulation on a well-spec'd desktop. It seemed to run fairly smooth but with a lot of "stuff" going on it did choke a few times. Graphics are awesome. Saw soldiers running in the field and it looked very convincing. Jim made a comment about them not being as good as the ArmA soldiers but he was really nitpicking here. This isn't a first person shooter, is it? There were some issues with TrackIR so I actually did very little flying. I briefly hovered and cleared a treeline only to find myself crashing on the other side... Excellent! I would've loved to have a go on Urze's machine but he was busy patching and trying to get things working again. By the time he got the Ka50 on the runway and ready for takeoff it was time for me to RTB. Sorry there's not a whole lot more I can tell you. I didn't even scratch the surface but I liked what I saw. Heck, I would've paid to fool around with the beta. Jim, thanks for letting me catch a glimpse of things to come... I was impressed.

• Like 1

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

Still no pictures, videos and screenies from the LLTM? :cry:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Here's the large group foto of all 2008 LLTM participants:

http://www.lowlandtigermeet.com/2007/images/stories/nieuws/lltm2008_groupphoto2.jpg

I beg your patience since some might still be travelling, most won't have their hardware set up at home yet, and we all had 3 or 4 days with awfully little sleep. But huge loads of fun instead!

Footage and stories will start to flow within the next days, I'm sure!

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Ok, my impressions from the event:

I arrived Ahaus on saturday morning. The hall was full of PC systems and home build cockpits.

Halle-1.jpg

The first ones from DCS team were Jim and his wife. A little bit later followed by Groove and Urze.

After welcome each other I could do what I was come for. Groove recommended to start BS with immortality on. It was a great experience. The FM feels extremely right. (I have only experience as a glider pilot in RL) I had no doubt about because the SU25 in FC thought. For me it is what I was looking for and I`m very happy. From this aspect alone every flight will be different. Groove told me that a German helicopter pilot from the Bundeswehr tried BS on friday.

Unfortunately I didn`t tried the reactions from the KA-50 internal systems with making mistakes while start up nor in flight.

Groove showed me the DM. You can see that in the video. This is just a picture from the end of this KA-50:

Ka-50dest-1.jpg

The triggers you can set in the ME can play sound files for example. This adds a lot of immersion in a mission. You can easily imagine what great, dynamic missions will be possible with that.

Jim at his laptop:

jimlaptop-1.jpg

A great attraction was the monitor setup from Urze in combination with the xfighterseat.

4monitorsseat-1.jpg

DCSstand1-1.jpg

This is a little vid I made with a photo camera. It shows the damage model, rotor hub detail, some in flight scenes. (The resolution is only 320x240. Sorry for that guys. Thank you for not hating me. Maybe another one have better recordings...)

http://rapidshare.com/files/105679190/LLTM08_Impressions_from_DCS_KA-50.wmv.html

It`s now also available on YouTube:

At the end of the my day at the LLTM08 Urze was asking me from where I come from. I told him that I came from Ratekau which is 400 km away from Ahaus. He was so impressed that I coming from so far away for playing BS that he gave me a cap and a shirt with the Flying Legends logo from Jim`s crate. I`m very proud of these 2 gifts Jim!

gift-1.jpg

Thank you guys for this great saturday.:pilotfly:

Something I forgot to mention:

- you can walk around if you don`t die after ejecting

- you can save a track AFTER flying, like in IL2 series

• Like 2

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

more, MORE, MOOOOORE!!! :D

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD