Ka-50 Pilot in movie - What is he doing with the cyclic buttons?

Great idea. You really are Dr. Frankenstein of joysticks.

:joystick:

"It's alive!"

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Re-centering Mechanism

Here's an idea that I am working on to make the center point for Cyclic and Yaw axis controllable both mechanicly and Autopilot centerpoint wise..

315401465_RecenteringMechanism.thumb.jpg.add72bb3f6341cb5cd2e54143b82acba.jpg

The green botomplate follows the pedals arround the centerpoint. And the brakepads are fixed with a spring in the front, and another in the rear. Brakepads pivot around the blue peg in the rear. The springs should keep the mechanism slop-free..

The red actuator rotates arround a 4mm hole in the bottom and another (not shown in drawing) in the top. It is activated when I hit the recenter button on the stick. This triggers two events.

1. It sends a signal to the sim by SIOC to recenter the atopilot zeropoint.

2. it also triggers a relay from IOCard that opens up a 12V current to three solenoids (the kind that you use for remotely opening your trunk.. The after-marked kits are dirt cheap, and the solenoids are quite strong and reliable). These are set on all three axis (pitch, roll and yaw) and allow the stick to settle in a new physical zero-point.

And it shouldn't be to hard to build from matereal that I have in my garage..?

• Like 1

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...