[RESOLVED - AS INTENDED]AGM-65F *MERGED

DmitriKozlowsky

• ED Team

If you have a bug please attach a track replay. It is the only way to try and see what is going on.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get it to do anything

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I don’t know if this is a bug, but I can only use the AGM-65F during the day light. During the night it is impossible to lock the missile.

Can somebody take a look?

Unfortunately your tracks didn't play back correctly but I was able to use your missions to test.

Like you I couldn't get a IRMV lock at night.

GVOPnQo.jpg

While the day mission worked ok.

mmmJSsc.jpg

It should be noted that - to slew the IRMV seeker in "IRMV" mode, I needed to either switch away from the TPOD view on the RH MFD (any other MFD page would do) or Switch TDC to TDC on the TPOD page.

Cycling INS to IRMV mode (SS Forward) used to be enough to switch the TDC's focus to the Maverick, so I'm not sure if this is a new change or one I've missed.

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.55363

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

HOW TO REPORT A BUG

As many of you are aware, I am going throuh ALL of the bug reports to make sure any outstanding issues are dealt with. So In order to help me with older bugs and newer ones that come up I ask that you provide the following when creating a bug post.

1.Start with making sure it is the latest OB release version.

2.Make sure you have a clean install, meaning, no mods or other scripts.

3. A detailed description of how you are encountering the bug ( and I mean detailed)

4. If you get a crash I need a .log file because .trk files aren't recorded in the case of a CTD ---- OR --- if you don't get a crash I need a .trk file to pass along to the team.

5. IF POSSIBLE, pictures, screenshots or even a video showing what's happening.

Make sure that you're report is as clear and concise as possible to help us find exactly what's going wrong. Make sure you are following the 1.16 Rule guidelines outlined by ED regarding declassified documents. If you want to help a fellow flyer with the issue if you are having the same problem or know what they may be doing wrong before we help them, make sure you are doing so in a friendly, patient and constructive manner.

I will not tolerate belligerence or mocking of any kind. This is a place to learn, not to insult or put people down due to lack of knowledge on the subject matter. Helping someone properly then may actually help you or others in-game down the road. We get out what we put in ladies and gents. Be the example others want to follow.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

[ INVESTIGATING] AGM-65F STILL cannot lock the center of the command center...

Been an issue already with the G Maverick.........

see attached trackfile........ :doh:

Both Mavericks going stupid and totally missing

F-MaverickSeekerSTILLbroken.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hi Daniel. The team has investigated the issue you reported thoroughly. Our conclusion is that there is no bug with the -65F but simply with the logic the game uses for IR guidance. For IRMAVs, the sensor must lock the center of the 3D structure. In this case with the command structure, the center is in fact in the middle space between the two antennae.

To further that, our SME has suggested that rather than using an IRMAV, to instead use LMAVs as they are for more accurate on a structure and can provide a better probability of kill. The SME suggests only using the IRMAVs for tanks and ships from his own experience and that they preferred the LMAV dude to its increased range and accuracy.

Hope that helps, I will merge all -65F threads and mark AS INTENDED whilst moving it to resolved.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.