Jester stuck in TWS Auto/Dropping locks from TWS to STT

DoorMouse

track - attached

In this:

Bug 1: Jester is stuck in TWS Auto while cold/no targets TWS locked (I suspect jester has the Track Hold on, but is bugged in that its somehow holding a track even when you go cold and are no longer pointed at the missile/target - I can test with a human rio for reproducability)

Bug 2: Jester has a TWS track 20 miles out and loses it upon being asked to STT

Bug 3: Radar does not display a Time to Impact for a TWS Fire/Lock

This one seems to be reproducible in that your first shot always seems to work fine, but if you lose the track by gimbal limits (IE turning cold) it seems to stick in TWS auto, and subsequent shots do not show a Time to Impact.

These happen about half way through, first flight out of Gelendzhik

Bug 4 (Maybe?): the number of TWS kills has gone down significantly, near to Zero, since the last patch. I've got an embarrassingly large number of hours in the tomcat... something changed. I took a lot of TWS shots at various ranges in this. (only one connected on a non-maneuvering target 40nm out)

Can I reproduce it 100%: Yes/no- It happens frequently and on a regular basis through normal gameplay. I have not found a specific setup that makes this happen.

How to reproduce/ description:

See Track/video clip

Open Beta - 2.5.6.52437

System Specs:

CPU 5930k Clocked at 4.4ghz

GPU: MSI 2080ti

64gb Ram

SSD

Peripherals:

Joystick: TM Warthog

Throttle: TM Warthog

Pedals: MFG Crosswind

Others:

Headtracker: VIVE VR

Mods:2.5.6 IC pass Shader Mod

DDCS-Modern-CA-3.50_Spring_1-20200728-215311.trk

Edited by DoorMouse

Ok more examples of weird jester/Radar behavior.

The track is full of failed TWS shots, but the last few sortes out of Beslan (Gelendzik spawned aircraft though) are where these videos came from.

- Jester goes RWS the moment a TWS shot is fired. Two STT ACM Mode phoenixes connect afterwards (that seems to be the only way that the Aim54 connects in multiplayer now)

-Jester absolutely refuses to stay in TWS... but you can hear him clicking madly and momentarily trying to change it. Once he sorts himself out, notice that he goes to TWS AUTO, while tracking no targets, no missiles, no hold tracks..... This one is absolutely proof positive of.... whatever this is. It happens frequently.

Interestingly, It happens about 2 minutes after the last shot connected so I wonder if its trying to "hold track" but something is broken?

(Edit- whoops, I should consolidate this into the other thread with the stuck RWS, and not the stuck TWS-A. I'll clean this up in the morning and post the other tracks in the appropriate thread)

DDCS-Modern-CA-3.50_Spring_6-20200729-220430.trk

Edited by DoorMouse

Hi Doormouse, i concur with some of the bugs you are reporting. In short the tomcat radar system is very bugged at the moment. Just to share my recent experience, i am also experiencing:

1. In TWS mode, once a phoenix is fired at a TWS target, radar mode instantly reverts to RWS causing immediate lost track of target as well as missile guidance. However i notice this occurs more often towards targets that have not been IFF but are positively identified earlier by pilot.

On top of that, unable to return to TWS mode and stuck in RWS mode when this occurs.

2.After launching a phoenix, there are times where the radar system refuses to exit auto tracking mode even after target tracking is lost, or missile is trashed ie hitting the ground,or spamming the PAL or PLM mode. When this occurs, no scan elevation at distance will be allowed, therefore disabling the pilot from beginning a new search for bandit.

I dont fly with a human RIO, so i can say for sure this affects the solo tomcat jockeys. Its really depressing to deal with these bugs, but im positive that Heatblur will come up with a fix, its just a matter of time. Lets be hopeful. Cheers.

3 of us went on a mission last night, i had a human rio and the radar worked fine, both guys using jester couldnt get a damn thing on tws, its nearly unusable atm

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Yes I had a positive hook on 2 bandits dead ahead at 50 miles with 2 more closing from the 1 o'clock but further out.

I fired fox 3 but as soon as the Phoenix left the rail the radar clicked over to RWS, the target was dropped and even the previously IFF'd ac switched back to an unknown target and then dropped from the radar altogether. The Phoenix didn't track at all and Jester refused to switch back to TWS or perform any kind of STT lock. I had RWR contacts with the bogies so I had to attempt to get into PAL range and lock them manually which then lead to the loss of my aircraft as by the time they showed up again I was between 4 and 6 miles way from them with them already releasing weapons.

At the moment the F14 may as well be a cessna. Even then with the navigation issues that our squadron is currently experiencing with the F14 the cessna would actually be better.

Please HB/ED sort these issues, a few months ago the F14 was working almost 100% and it was an experience that brought happiness and joy to my flying nights, currently, as it's the only module that I fly, the experience is of almost dread of what won't work this time.

Yes I had a positive hook on 2 bandits dead ahead at 50 miles with 2 more closing from the 1 o'clock but further out.

I fired fox 3 but as soon as the Phoenix left the rail the radar clicked over to RWS, the target was dropped and even the previously IFF'd ac switched back to an unknown target and then dropped from the radar altogether. The Phoenix didn't track at all and Jester refused to switch back to TWS or perform any kind of STT lock. I had RWR contacts with the bogies so I had to attempt to get into PAL range and lock them manually which then lead to the loss of my aircraft as by the time they showed up again I was between 4 and 6 miles way from them with them already releasing weapons.

At the moment the F14 may as well be a cessna. Even then with the navigation issues that our squadron is currently experiencing with the F14 the cessna would actually be better.

Please HB/ED sort these issues, a few months ago the F14 was working almost 100% and it was an experience that brought happiness and joy to my flying nights, currently, as it's the only module that I fly, the experience is of almost dread of what won't work this time.

i 2nd this statement, it really is becoming a slog to jump in the pit atm

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr