[AS INTENDED] Nav lights not active when battery power is applied!!!

borchi_2b

Hi ED,

I have wondered for awhile about the fact that the NAV lights only come on when you have the engine powering the generators, which is not correct.

The NAV lights should be possible to be activated already when only battery power is applied. I have seen it numerous times on F16 and other fighters without ground power or engine power applied. Last verified by a friend in poland who watched the polish F16 yesterday preparing for a mission and he verified that they had thier NAV lights on many minutes before they started thier engines and also they had no groundpower applied.

I know it is a small detail, but you guys might like that little info and if you have a minute maybe can add that detail ;)

Thanks

Sven

From the -1 of the block 50, nav/position lights are powered by the emergency AC bus n°2, so powered by main generator or standby generator or EPU generator. So clearly not by battery.

Might be different on other block that you saw with your friend.

Seems that no external lights are powered by DC power in general from the -1

Edited by Steph21

Definitely not able to have the lights on without ground power or engines running on the US F-16s from block 25-52. Otherwise dragging a power cart around at the early hours of the morning verifying lights and configuration wouldn't be needed.

Maybe it is different on export versions.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The NAV lights should be possible to be activated already when only battery power is applied. I have seen it numerous times on F16 and other fighters without ground power or engine power applied.

Not possible to do in F-16.They all need main/standby/ground power.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Definitely not able to have the lights on without ground power or engines running on the US F-16s from block 25-52. Otherwise dragging a power cart around at the early hours of the morning verifying lights and configuration wouldn't be needed.

Maybe it is different on export versions.

Good ol power-on checks. Somehow us weapons troops are always tasked with dragging around the -60.:doh::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Lets try this video that show USAF F-16C block 50

JFS cuts off at 3:01, light on at 3:03

or this one

JFS cuts off at 2:59, light come on at 3:01

Biggest give away about engine RPM is the JFS cut off, this should happen around 50%. The stand by generator should come online by 58%. So you can see on this examples how JFS cuts off, and a few seconds later lights come on.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

There are many differences between Polish F-16C block 52+ and other F-16, but:

JFS shuts off at :48 seconds ( this indicates 50% engine RPM) lights comes on at :52 seconds

To whom it may concern,