DCS Edge 540

Ercoupe

Another fun looking civilian airplane. Looks realy good, and I'll bet it's a blast to fly.

OMG and not a word about this anywhere? Thank you for finding this video. Will follow up closely.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Do these guys have a site or a discord? Until the GR video Id never heard of it or the race scripts theyre using

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Super Sick Raceplane...

A bad mamma jamma :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Hey this is an amazing Mod, thanks guys for releasing for free

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Great mod thanks guys for your hard work.

I have tried it out because I love aerobatics and it flies great.

Only niggle is that the engine sounds appear a little bugged. From the cockpit the engine sound only idles, it doesn't change with throttle. From external view the prop sound is correct but the idle sound is present when viewing from behind the 3-9 line.

Perhaps it's the exhaust sound not changing with throttle?

Hope this post helps.

Thanks, Bm

DCS-modules-500x100.png

Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 2070S, 32GB DDR4 RAM, Win 10 Pro

Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Track IR

Definitely a blast to fly! Is anyone else experiencing issues saving/playing replays using this mod? I don't have an issue with any other aircraft, but with the Edge 540 when I view a replay, the flight is not what was flown/recorded. Basically, a full flight (takeoff, routine, land) just ends up replaying as a crash during taxi and seems 100% random...

Also, is there a tutorial available for this aircraft? I am having issues with bouncing when attempting to land and would love to know the proper procedure(s)

Edited by pszuch

Sounds are indeed a work in progress as well as the brakes and a host of other things.

As far as the recordings, yes, it is a known problem as DCS just can not keep up with the control inputs on the recording. Though if you get the recording from an observing machine like a server or another machine logged in to just watch, then the tracks stay in pretty good shape.

Thanks for the kind words and constructive points!

(VARS code/track developer - Edge race test pilot)

Let the haters hate, anyone that delivers a fee mod for DCS needs a thumbs up IMO, great work guys

cw1.png

As noted in the other thread, disabling the Grinelli F-22 mod fixed the engine sounds.

Thank you so much for a great mod. The Edge is awesome.

DCS-modules-500x100.png

Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX 2070S, 32GB DDR4 RAM, Win 10 Pro

Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro Pedals, Track IR

This is remarkable, roll rate is "dizzyfying". So far, for me, takeoff without cheating is a toss up. I can't bear to Boost seat way up or zoom way out to see runway. Thankfully, as of yet, damage is relaxed. I can't see anyone complaining about sense of speed in this thing. Thanks for letting us take a gander at it!

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Flying the edge is a great experience it makes the Hornet feel like a school bus. I am really enjoying it

cw1.png

Some things to ensure that all goes well:

Ensure it is copied into the correct location:

..\Saved Games\<DCS_Install_name>\Mods\aircraft\Edge 540

Certain other mods, most notably the F22 have known conflicts with the Edge. Suggest removing them, at least for a test, to see if the situation changes.

Ensure your Antivirus has not quarantined any of the files. Some have reported this happening with no reason for why it took that action.

Run DCS administratively or under an admin account.

Thank you,

Too tired after a day at work....copied directly in DCS folder, not in Saved Games. My bad :)

Now, time to fly :P

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

Edge 540 : Need Help with the Install

My apologies for asking what is probably a question that has been answered elsewhere.

I downloaded the Edge 540 from the VAR Series website and it appears to have installed correctly within my DCS installation under "Program Files/Eagle Dynamics" ie the aircraft (Edge 540) is under "Mods/Aircraft" and the pylons are under "Mods/tech", but I do not see it as an available aircraft on my 'DCS World' opening screen or under any of the aircraft available for any of the missions.

Is it a case of moving these two folders to the following location, or merely typing this?

What is "DCS Install name" (above)?

My saved "User PC/saved games" folder is on my C drive (SSD) and my "Program Files, Eagle Dynamics" folder is on my C drive (HDD).

I'm new to DCS and I would be grateful to receive some guidance on this.

Many thanks

My apologies for asking what is probably a question that has been answered elsewhere.

I downloaded the Edge 540 from the VAR Series website and it appears to have installed correctly within my DCS installation under "Program Files/Eagle Dynamics" ie the aircraft (Edge 540) is under "Mods/Aircraft" and the pylons are under "Mods/tech", but I do not see it as an available aircraft on my 'DCS World' opening screen or under any of the aircraft available for any of the missions.

Is it a case of moving these two folders to the following location, or merely typing this?

What is "DCS Install name" (above)?

My saved "User PC/saved games" folder is on my C drive (SSD) and my "Program Files, Eagle Dynamics" folder is on my C drive (HDD).

I'm new to DCS and I would be grateful to receive some guidance on this.

Many thanks

I put it as <DCS_INSTALL_Name> to indicate it can be for any install of DCS you have, or if you changed it from default which some users do. The mods (Edge 540 and the pylons) MUST be in the saved games area and NOT the main install of DCS. Once you get them in the proper location, be sure that you remove it from the DCS main install as that will keep the mod from working.

So, in your case, the mods would be extracted to:

C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\Saved Games\<DCS_Install_Name>\Mods\tech\VARS Pylons

and

C:\Users\<YOUR NAME>\Saved Games\<DCS_Install_Name>\Mods\aircraft\Edge 540

Hope this helps.

• Like 1