[INTERVIEW] Razbam is the guest of the Air Combat Sim podcast

tugais

The Air Combat Sim podcast published today an interview of Ron (Prowler). There is a wide variety of topics discussed. Here's a link to the interview :

For those who can't listen to it, I made a transcription and gathered the informations by topic on this link.

A lot of new informations about the Harrier, the Falklands, the Sea Harrier and an upcoming british carrier, the F-15E, etc. ... An excellent episode overall !

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

The Air Combat Sim podcast published today an interview of Ron (Prowler). There is a wide variety of topics discussed. Here's a link to the interview :

For those who can't listen to it, I made a transcription and gathered the informations by topic on this link.

A lot of new informations about the Harrier, the Falklands, the Sea Harrier and an upcoming british carrier, the F-15E, etc. ... An excellent episode overall !

Thanks tugais, was going to post it today on the forums!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

For everyone being very critical of Razbam for the dev. timeframes for both Mirage and Harrier, i can highly recommed listening to the full podcast. Things won't get finished or fixed any sooner by doing so, but i'd say it'd be only fair to hear first hand how and why things go the way Razbam is doing them, and get to know a bit more what type of person is behind those modules.

For everyone being very critical of Razbam for the dev. timeframes for both Mirage and Harrier, i can highly recommed listening to the full podcast. Things won't get finished or fixed any sooner by doing so, but i'd say it'd be only fair to hear first hand how and why things go the way Razbam is doing them, and get to know a bit more what type of person is behind those modules.

I couldn't agree more, well said. The interview was eye opening to say the least.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

There's nothing wrong with this as they continue the work on these modules. They have demonstrated, at least for the Mirage (I don't fly the Harrier), that they are willing to go back to the drawing table and do important modifications (new 3D cockpit and revision of the weapon system logic). They even mentioned several months ago that a revamp of the 3D model would come at a certain point.

I love your gif though xD

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

I would have found it fair if this information had been included in the product description:

Key Features of DCS: AV-8B N/A VTOL by RAZBAM include:

• This is a training project for the dev team. The completion of the module may take some time. A little too much time. Ages? No idea.
  • It may turn out during the training that we are not able to finish the project. In any case, it is not what you would generally consider early access.
  • Advanced Flight Model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics of a Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft
  • Highly detailed external 3D model and textures with animations
  • Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit with high resolution textures, specular and bump mapping, and mouse-interactive controls
  • Highly realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics,

[...]

Because I would then have avoided the Harrier. To charge 70 bucks regular price for it is also quite sporty. And the miserable communication, including the inability to deal with criticism and the switch to other platforms just to be surrounded by the fan base, does not occur here at all.

I'm also sick of listening to hours of interviews to understand what's going on with the poor developers. As I wrote above, they should have been honest with the product description, and nobody would be disappointed afterwards. At the same time the fanboys have to realize that it's ok if not everybody has the patience of a saint and endless forgiveness for the actors of the beloved niche product, and it's also justified if people expect a steady progress after buying an EA product.

giphy.gif

The entire podcast was very revealing and honestly RAZBAM should have been more forthright in their advertisement that the AV-8B N/A and Mirage are learning projects funded by DCS users and not specifically EA. The fact that two modules are learning projects also hints at their inability to resolve bugs in a timely fashion or actually correct bugs without creating additional bugs. Things that seem simple are probably outside their abilities to code at this time due to still learning how to code inside DCS. How they can continue advertise complex models such as the F-15E if they are still learning to code in DCS is beyond me.

I would have found it fair if this information had been included in the product description:

Key Features of DCS: AV-8B N/A VTOL by RAZBAM include:

• This is a training project for the dev team. The completion of the module may take some time. A little too much time. Ages? No idea.
  • It may turn out during the training that we are not able to finish the project. In any case, it is not what you would generally consider early access.
  • Advanced Flight Model that provides realistic performance and flight characteristics of a Vertical Takeoff and Landing (VTOL) aircraft
  • Highly detailed external 3D model and textures with animations
  • Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit with high resolution textures, specular and bump mapping, and mouse-interactive controls
  • Highly realistic modelling of the aircraft systems including electrical, fuel, hydraulics,

[...]

Because I would then have avoided the Harrier. To charge 70 bucks regular price for it is also quite sporty. And the miserable communication, including the inability to deal with criticism and the switch to other platforms just to be surrounded by the fan base, does not occur here at all.

I'm also sick of listening to hours of interviews to understand what's going on with the poor developers. As I wrote above, they should have been honest with the product description, and nobody would be disappointed afterwards. At the same time the fanboys have to realize that it's ok if not everybody has the patience of a saint and endless forgiveness for the actors of the beloved niche product, and it's also justified if people expect a steady progress after buying an EA product.

This is so True.

The entire podcast was very revealing and honestly RAZBAM should have been more forthright in their advertisement that the AV-8B N/A and Mirage are learning projects funded by DCS users and not specifically EA. The fact that two modules are learning projects also hints at their inability to resolve bugs in a timely fashion or actually correct bugs without creating additional bugs. Things that seem simple are probably outside their abilities to code at this time due to still learning how to code inside DCS. How they can continue advertise complex models such as the F-15E if they are still learning to code in DCS is beyond me.

Yeah, I think the community would have probably still bought them even knowing that. And I'm again not surprised by the various excuses about the pace of development. And its reassuring to know that we the users of course come second after whatever military contracts they have, which I never doubted for a second.

I think the biggest disappointment for me out of the whole interview is how mush mouth Prowler was about what exact versions of planes we are getting, be it the Mirage, Harrier, or the upcoming F15E (I at least get the F15)… A lot of people don't need or want the latest greatest version. But they do want a specific version and really this is something I think ED needs to hold devs to. I'm also really find the comments about the Harrier being a trainer for anyone being a bit dubious IMO. I mean the harrier is slated to be replaced by the F35 for almost all the current users in the next few years, its simpler to just keep the current pilots on it till it gets replaced.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I May be a bit late to the party but I justhad to write something about this Interview. Or better because of it. As someone who complained about a Keybinding In the Mig-19 ant that not always in the most polite way I felt directly spoken to. I just want to say I’me sorry. Hearing a Developer Valuing the mental Health of his Artists more than deadlines is saadly a rare occurrence in the Gaming Industrie. Please do not stop holding up those values.

I May be a bit late to the party but I justhad to write something about this Interview. Or better because of it. As someone who complained about a Keybinding In the Mig-19 ant that not always in the most polite way I felt directly spoken to. I just want to say I’me sorry. Hearing a Developer Valuing the mental Health of his Artists more than deadlines is saadly a rare occurrence in the Gaming Industrie. Please do not stop holding up those values.

Sentimental crap, so you expend another 80 bucks in another shitty module

Sentimental crap, so you expend another 80 bucks in another shitty module

Wow so much hate and negativity :cry: why, it's totally optional for you to buy or don't buy any modules, but no reason for all this negativity without any logic argumentations...

If you don't like a developer or module, it's easy just leave it for us, there are interested and more positive minded...

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

Wow so much hate and negativity :cry: why, it's totally optional for you to buy or don't buy any modules, but no reason for all this negativity without any logic argumentations...

If you don't like a developer or module, it's easy just leave it for us, there are interested and more positive minded...

That would be OK if they did platform I'm not interested in. Unfortunately, it's not the case, and I berserk when I fly my favorite aircraft with such a poor modeling.

That would be OK if they did platform I'm not interested in. Unfortunately, it's not the case, and I berserk when I fly my favorite aircraft with such a poor modeling.

That's the problem for a lot of people...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah but why not give them a chance to prove you wrong before the negativity, maybe they surprise you, and if not and it's shitty module, then give them hell..!

But no reason to start kneedeep in a negative vibe.

Same as for my Ex-Wife, she couldn't cook my favorite dish like my momma did, the first 10 times but then she got the hang of it, and came pretty close ;)

molon-labe-black-header.jpg

F15-E.... EA this year? Reeeealy? Niiiiiiiiiceeeeeee!

So Harrier gets completed this year before F-15E getting released....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Same as for my Ex-Wife, she couldn't cook my favorite dish like my momma did, the first 10 times but then she got the hang of it, and came pretty close ;)

Not close enough apparently :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

I'm out :pilotfly:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi