"Expert"-Stinger misses afterburning MiG-21 nearly every time.

D4n

See trackfile. (Normandy map, due to smallest terrain-datasize)

Ran the mission many times, MiG-21 doesn't flare (was intended behaviour for this test), many many times Stinger misses.

Stinger missing MiG-21.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Does the same with Helicopters, worse it doesn't proximity fuse half the time like it should when the Heat source aspect suddenly changes further then the missile can turn to intercept so proximity kills fail.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Is this about the the IR signature of the MiG-21 when in AB, being lower than when it is out of AB ?

If you wanna test it, limit the AI MiG-21 to not use afterburner and test again

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Is this about the the IR signature of the MiG-21 when in AB, being lower than when it is out of AB ?

Say what? Is this a reported bug?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

it doesn't proximity fuse half the time like it should

Source for Stinger having prox. fuze please. Last time I researched, all I found was it having solely an impact-fuze.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

you can never know with the MiG-21

Yep. just like the engine sounding like it's gurgling, on which I couldn't find a video-source to this very day... (and it's SUPER loud in DCS in 3rd person in afterburner, also couldn't find a video about that, yet. Probably all part of a -21-Module PR-stunt xD)

It used to be, one of the patch notes said it was "tweaked", but how fix it is .... you can never know with the MiG-21

Without having explicitly tested this I assume it is fixed. It used to be that the DCS status RPM readout would go from 100% (mil power) to -100% (AB) for the MiG-21. That is no longer the case.

Source for Stinger having prox. fuze please. Last time I researched, all I found was it having solely an impact-fuze.

Graze and impact, yep, absolutely no prox fuze on these. They have tiny fins so keeping up with a fast and maneuvering aircraft wouldn't be easy. But a straight-running aircraft, well, let's just say the test and training shots are made on rather small targets and fairly cool targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 years later...
On 5/5/2020 at 1:42 PM, Shadow KT said:

Link sadly currently causing an error, thread ID 253981 currently causing 404, waiting for ED to urgently fix. (your thread was very very important)

Edited by D4n