[RESOLVED] Jester Starts Mashing Non-Stop on RWS (Or Some Other Radar Mode) Key

Bearfoot

So, it seems like this has been fixed!

At least, I could not trigger the bug. I tried:

(1) giving some elevation and azimuth radar directions to Jester

(2) launching a Phoenix

and Jester did not go berserk and behaved really nicely. While the Phoenix was in the air the BVR Jester menu was restricted in options (cannot remember if this was how it was before or not_, presumably to keep the radar in TWS-A.

Will keep checking, but so far, looking good! Thanks HB!

Whell , sorry to say, this BUG still persistent in the last OB

But not in the same way,

1- TWS M

2- Azimuth , Scan Elevation

3- Launch Phoenix (Aim-54A MK-60)

Everything OK.., launch multiple PH

Then used "Break Look" , and the bug returns immediately..

Multiplayer Conditions.

:(

Edited by E61-v1T1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Whell , sorry to say, this BUG still persistent in the last OB

But not in the same way,

1- TWS M

2- Azimuth , Scan Elevation

3- Launch Phoenix (Aim-54A MK-60)

Everything OK.., launch multiple PH

Then used "Break Look" , and the bug returns immediately..

Multiplayer Conditions.

:(

Thank you. I suppose "break look" means "break lock" however, did you go STT before that?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thank you. I suppose "break look" means "break lock" however, did you go STT before that?

Yes, sorry bad input, using "Break Lock" mapped in Hotas.

I think yes, i was using STT too,

But since then I have not had time to do more tests, I will do some more and come back with more details.

Greetings

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

Hello;

I come back with more tests, this time I have made a small video so you can see exactly what happens and what steps I am doing. Always in multiplayer.

Interactions with RIO are made at the following times:

00:15 (trying STT Lock)

01:44 (Scan Center command)

02:17 (Radar Mode TWS command)

02:56 (Scan Center command)

04:10 (Launch Phoenix, Bug Start)

Greetings

Edited by E61-v1T1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you, E-61!

You're welcome,

The bug persists in 726 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I honestly don't mind the bug. its just that it prevents you from activating ACM modes

ACM Mode and any STT Lock.

In others words ..., this bug neutralizes the radar completely.. you can still launch your Phoenix in TWS Automatic , that’s all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can confirm this bug is still present in both single and multiplayer modes in the latest Open Beta. Track attached. Like the other players, I had problems after:

0) Changing elevation and distance via Jester menu (no problems here)

1) Launching Phoenix in TWS

2) WCS auto-switch to TWS-A

Turn cold...

3) Change elevation and distance via Jester menu - Had to go to RWS mode as it was stuck in TWS-A even after I turned cold and Jester won't let me change elevation.

Turn hot...

4) Launch Phoenix again

5) Bug begins! CLICK CLICK CLICK!!

Not able to use any ACM modes or STT lock. Sparrows only work in Boresight mode.

F-14 Bug.trk

Edited by Darkmage

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz // Nvidia GTX 1080Ti // 32 GB DDR4 RAM // 1 TB SSD

Can anybody tell me the workaround?

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

To prevent don’t change Azimuth or Elevation in TWS mode ... You must let RIO have complete control in this mode...

Once the bug has started, you can not do anything else, just wait, sometimes it stops after a few minutes, others you must change slot or plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To prevent don’t change Azimuth or Elevation in TWS mode ... You must let RIO have complete control in this mode...

Once the bug has started, you can not do anything else, just wait, sometimes it stops after a few minutes, others you must change slot or plane.

can confirm, if you tell Jester to change azimuth, i think it puts the radar in tws manual, and then it goes nuts when you fire a phoenix...

This should be fixed in today's patch. Please be so kind and leave us feedback if it is still happening to you. Thank you!

Yes, I confirm that it is fixed in the last Beta. Thank you :thumbup:

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

am i missing something. after some flights, it seems that jester(or something else) would break my PAL lock after I reacquire a lock and after I fired in TWS manual. so it goes like this

-I select radar elevation through jester menu

-Fired in TWS manual(?)

-missile miss

-reacquire lock using PAL below 10 miles

- jester(or something) breaks my lock

is it me or am I missing

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately,it's back.

Happened last night three time. Twice it eventually stopped. The other time it did not, I had to respawn.

On Multiplayer.

What happened the first time is that:

(0) I am in TWS mode

(1) I locked up a target in STT (Jester: STT enemy ahead)

(2) Launched on target in STT

(3) Contact IMMEDIATELY dropped and Jester switches to RWS (this, to me, happens consistently enough that I think it is a bug, and there are other reports of this on the bug forum)

(4) Try to switch to TWS -- jester I think complies and then immediately switches back

(5) Repeat

(6) Repeat

(7) etc.

(8) eventually it is just Jester mashing by himeslef

I might have tried going into PAL/VLS to break the cycle sometime between (5) and (8).

As I said, it happened two other times. The other times I was not in STT, but launched in TWS and IMMEDIATELY Jester drops the lock and goes to RWS and refuses to return to TWS.

I'll try and post a track if I can find where it is saved automatically, though with tracks broken and all, not sure how it will help.

Unfortunately,it's back.

Happened last night three time. Twice it eventually stopped. The other time it did not, I had to respawn.

On Multiplayer.

What happened the first time is that:

(0) I am in TWS mode

(1) I locked up a target in STT (Jester: STT enemy ahead)

(2) Launched on target in STT

(3) Contact IMMEDIATELY dropped and Jester switches to RWS (this, to me, happens consistently enough that I think it is a bug, and there are other reports of this on the bug forum)

(4) Try to switch to TWS -- jester I think complies and then immediately switches back

(5) Repeat

(6) Repeat

(7) etc.

(8) eventually it is just Jester mashing by himeslef

I might have tried going into PAL/VLS to break the cycle sometime between (5) and (8).

As I said, it happened two other times. The other times I was not in STT, but launched in TWS and IMMEDIATELY Jester drops the lock and goes to RWS and refuses to return to TWS.

I'll try and post a track if I can find where it is saved automatically, though with tracks broken and all, not sure how it will help.

Thanks for the report.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/