kneeboard aspect ratio in VR adjustable?

jozeff

Hi guys,

Have been toying around with the kneeboard builder and converted Chucks guides from PDF to png files. It is an awesome piece of software. I have tried to change portrait view to landscape but the documents keep appearing as portraits in kneeboard in VR.

Is there a way to get landscape view in VR kneeboard?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Jozeff

You should be able to set both horizontal and vertical size in Kneeboard Builder.

I use that to set mine, and it shows up in VR in what I certainly would call landscape orientation.

Keep in mind when you change the size, you will need to restart Kneeboard Builder for the change to be reflected.

kl9faUf.jpg

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok thanks Don,

No matter how I resize the documents in kneeboard builder, the output png files are 2000*1120 (or something very similar).

Chuck's guides are portrait so I really love to see them that way in dcs.

Also, the position I choose in kneeboard builder doesn't translate to a change in position in dcs.

I use dcs open beta.

Thanks for any help.

Jozeff

Ok thanks Don,

No matter how I resize the documents in kneeboard builder, the output png files are 2000*1120 (or something very similar).

Chuck's guides are portrait so I really love to see them that way in dcs.

Also, the position I choose in kneeboard builder doesn't translate to a change in position in dcs.

I use dcs open beta.

Thanks for any help.

Jozeff

You are missing something then.

Ok try this:

Enter the horizontal and vertical values you desire.

Set the position you desire.

With the files selected in the right hand column you want, click on the build custom kneeboard option.

Exit out of Kneeboard Builder and start it up again.

Choose to build custom kneeboard again just for good measure.

Test in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also, IIRC, first you want to set the position and the vertical and horizontal resolution.

THEN close kneeboard builder, and restart it.

Then build your custom kneeboard.

Don B