Is the 17 going to get JDAM-type weapons?

MobiSev

In DCS. There are plenty of “non-winged” JDAM-esque bombs, including the 250kg version of LS-6 notably.

I think this author is pretty biased towards certain things but this page is a good snapshot of what the smart bomb industry looked like in China ten years ago https://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-GBU.html

I’m pretty sure winged bombs are slowly superceding the JDAM type with fixed strakes, so I don’t expect it too much as it’s “last-decade” technology. It all depends if they were qualified on JF-17, I haven’t heard anything about them being included by Deka, so I wouldn’t expect any.

If all you want is something not intercepted by missiles you got your SEAD weapons for that

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The bomb type weapon doesn't get intercepted in the game, not in the RL.

And IAM bomb without wing should have a quite short range(not like the J-82 you have in the game), usually not safy enough for you to deliver against SAM.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Sam's do intercept bombs. Yesterday for example an SA-2 shot me down both GB-6

That's not defined as a bomb in DCS. GB-6 in DCS would be something like cruise missile/rocket whatever and thus can be shot down by SAMs in DCS. Try the same with an actual bomb. Won't get shot down, never.

That's not defined as a bomb in DCS. GB-6 in DCS would be something like cruise missile/rocket whatever and thus can be shot down by SAMs in DCS. Try the same with an actual bomb. Won't get shot down, never.

Misunderstand, sorry for my answer, wasn't meaning to say that LOL