No radio in the air?

Lange_666

Wanted to have some Korea dogfighting going so picked a few missions to try.

Every time i jump into a mission with an air start i can't get the radio working, the radio menu never shows up.

However, radio with missions with a normal take-off are no problem, when sitting on the runway i can bring up the radio menu just fine.

But that's not the only problem, once in the air, just as with mission with air start, it is impossible to bring up the radio menu.

So i went into the mission editor and looked through the different missions but couldn't find an thing special. All seemed OK.

Then i created a mission, just a runway take-off and started it from within the mission editor. Radio works fine on the runway but once in the air, no joy anymore. Made a little mission with air start... no radio although the setup is just the same.

So what makes the radio not working once wheels are up?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

You need to use the radio mic button on the throttle. I don't know what the default mapping is, but take a look at your control bindings for the Sabe and you should find it there.

The \ key that you are probably pressing to open the comms menu on the ground is not a radio key! It's a general comms to open the comms menu withaout a radio to simulate the pilot shouting at the ground crew out of its cockpit or using the intercom to do so.

So again, in order to use the actual radio you need to use the actual radio mic button on the throttle, which you need to map to your HOTAS or keyboard.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You need to use the radio mic button on the throttle. I don't know what the default mapping is, but take a look at your control bindings for the Sabe and you should find it there.

Ralt / is the key binding.

The \ key that you are probably pressing to open the comms menu on the ground is not a radio key! It's a general comms to open the comms menu withaout a radio to simulate the pilot shouting at the ground crew out of its cockpit or using the intercom to do so.

I know but in other modules once the proper radio is selected, you can bring the comms menu for that selected radio up with the general comms key. Thought it was the same here, selecting the radio (there is only one in the F-86F, selecting the proper channel and then use the comms key.

Anyway...thanks for the tip: :beer:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I know but in other modules once the proper radio is selected, you can bring the comms menu for that selected radio up with the general comms key.

I actually don't know any module where this is the case. On all modules I can think of (e.g. F-14, F-16, F/A-18, Mirage 2000, ...) you have to press the respective mic key for the radio you want to use in order to open the comms menu for that radio, just like IRL.

The only exception for this that I can think of right now is the Huey, where there is an actual radio selector switch in the cockpit that you have to set to the correct radio and then use the mic key on the throttle to open the comms menu for the selected radio. That's how it work IRL too.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg