APP Mode Auto-Selects

Tiger-II

Hi,

If you're near an airport NAV behaves itself UNTIL you pull up any APP page.

Once you've selected APP (UFCP), even if you cancel it and go back to basic nav mode, if your current WPT is in or near any airport in the APP database, APP auto-selects.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Strange. It does it all the time for me.

Try this: copy WPT00 to say WPT03 (or the first blank nav waypoint after a flightplan). Make it active and then enter APP.

Exit APP and fly to whatever you copied WPT00 to (03 in this example).

You can do this 50 miles from the field.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I have the AIRPORT as WPT01 and also landing airfield(WPT50), but there is WPT02 03 follow on. So when I pass the airfield NAV works normally for me , and switching to WPT02 for navigation.

Plz check whether WPT03 is your last enroute waypoint.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

I have the AIRPORT as WPT01 and also landing airfield(WPT50), but there is WPT02 03 follow on. So when I pass the airfield NAV works normally for me , and switching to WPT02 for navigation.

Plz check whether WPT03 is your last enroute waypoint.

That's not what I meant.

Just copy WPT00 to the first free waypoint you have. What it is doesn't matter.

Make this waypoint current, and then select APP. Cancel APP.

APP will auto-select when near the selected steerpoint.

I wish I could make videos.

I can replicate this 100% of the time.

That's not what I meant.

Just copy WPT00 to the first free waypoint you have. What it is doesn't matter.

Make this waypoint current, and then select APP. Cancel APP.

APP will auto-select when near the selected steerpoint.

I wish I could make videos.

I can replicate this 100% of the time.

"First free waypoint" do mean the last enroute WPT(the last continuous WPT from WPT01 before WPT29), right?

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Correct. It doesn't matter - just make it active after copying.

When testing APP activated without me selecting APP at all.

Sounds like it's doing what it should be doing:

You're copying your current location to the last waypoint in your route.

The aircraft detects that you're near the last waypoint and thus steps to the next one.

The next waypoint after the last in your route is the closest airport, which also automatically triggers APP mode.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Really?

Even if it is supposed to auto-switch, it overrides my cancelling of it. I must select another steer point.

hey Tiger - have you tried disabling the automatic transition to the next waypoint when you're in proximity of the current waypoint?

if you're within some distance from a waypoint the jeff by default will automatically move to the next one (i think it's around 2nm?)

auto:

150953358_autowaypointjf17.JPG.7f190ef95f0a3e38e853c66f3365e744.JPG

manual:

949257481_manwaypoint.JPG.2e9794901172a95ee1afb5b18d1c5db2.JPG

Really?

Even if it is supposed to auto-switch, it overrides my cancelling of it. I must select another steer point.

Yeah, that part is a bit weird. If you were still within the auto-switch distance I could kind of understand it, but you can usually cancel out of it even then by just selecting nav mode again.

It could just be an oddity stemming from the fact that you copied WPT00T. The Jeff might simply know you're copying the ownship position so it transfers that detail rather than the actual lat/long position, and you're therfore stuck in a state where you're constantly “getting close enough” to your own position (you can't really not be there, after all :D) to trigger the auto-stepping to the next waypoint, or in this case APP since your next waypoint is the closest airport. Does it happen if you copy any other waypoint you have stored or is it just if you use WTF00 as your basis?

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Only WPT00.

As I understand the cousin system to this one, WPT00 is only special for two reasons:

* It's the alignment position (never changes)

* It can't be modified

It should however be navigable. That is, if you select DST00 to fly to, it will fly you to the alignment point.