1.2x Wish: F-15A/B/C/D air-to-ground capability

You know what's sad? It takes ages for Eagle Dynamics to release a chopper sim, yet, during all this time, they didn't have time or will to introduce some avionics changes to the existing flyables. We're not asking huge changes, but some that could really make a difference, like the above mentioned F15C AG capability that obviously does exist IRL.

IRL its never used for that purpose only with the earlier version the A was it used. LOs F-15 is a C model and I've only ever heard of JDAMs being tested with them not used though.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Oh sure. I don't care how long ED take with a fully functional release of Black Shark . . . I mean, I've got it right here!

Those little bugs like my aircraft randomly exploding or no missiles hitting after I've just done a ramp start and flown an hour's NOE ingress to a target are just fine, and no hindrance to the enjoyment of the sim at all . . . .

It's a good myth you have there ;)

All that "poor beta testers have a hard life" explanations put aside, it still doesn't beat my argument that says:

1. You as a beta tester have the game and play it (presumably) often and for (again presumably) a long time. As SUCH you're not in the same position as some other fans who've never played the game and been dreaming about it for 2 years or so.

2. You being at pain with the bugs etc..well, thats IMO small price to pay.

Just ask people around who'd like to beta test it even if it's (to some extent) porked. You see, original LOMAC had tons of bugs, it was like an alfa release. Yet, lots of fans were patient and found some enjoyment in the game and stuck thru the patches and improvements, no matter how frustrating it was.

What I would really liked to see, is beta testers refraining from preaching other members to be patient as it's kinda, with all due respect anoying.

Thanks for spending hours on improving the game and contributing to its (sooner) release date, but please, don't come here and preach the fans for wanting the game to be released. ;)

Well, maybe M$ can release a totally unfinished product, and get away with it, really making it usable after SP1. Don't think that a small company could manage it... again.. and stay in business.

Hardcore fans might have stuck with LO, but many gave up on it after a few buggy runs.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

All that "poor beta testers have a hard life" explanations put aside, it still doesn't beat my argument that says:

1. You as a beta tester have the game and play it (presumably) often and for (again presumably) a long time. As SUCH you're not in the same position as some other fans who've never played the game and been dreaming about it for 2 years or so.

2. You being at pain with the bugs etc..well, thats IMO small price to pay.

Just ask people around who'd like to beta test it even if it's (to some extent) porked. You see, original LOMAC had tons of bugs, it was like an alfa release. Yet, lots of fans were patient and found some enjoyment in the game and stuck thru the patches and improvements, no matter how frustrating it was.

What I would really liked to see, is beta testers refraining from preaching other members to be patient as it's kinda, with all due respect anoying.

Thanks for spending hours on improving the game and contributing to its (sooner) release date, but please, don't come here and preach the fans for wanting the game to be released. ;)

Sounds like some envy and impatience here . . . .

Most of the beta testers were pretty active forum members before they got to the beta team. We'd be telling you to be patient anyway . . . . just now we're a bit better informed on it ;)

By your logic, the guys who've played the rough beta at MAKS should shut up as well - because now they've had a taster of the final product.

No matter what any of us say, Black Shark will take as long as it takes. So just settle down and wait, pick up another game in the meantime and enjoy it :) I'd recommend Stalker or FSX.

As a side note . . . . I haven't yet seen the campaign for Black Shark. And I await that very eagerly indeed . . .

So yes, we get a look at the sim before you do. But please don't hate us for it ;)

Agreed. Now, SHUT UP AND WAIT.

:poster_dont:

Sounds like some envy and impatience here . . . .

You're right on the money. Me and lots of other people. What's wrong with that? Am I supposed to feel embarassed or something? :)

Most of the beta testers were pretty active forum members before they got to the beta team. We'd be telling you to be patient anyway . . . . just now we're a bit better informed on it ;)
Hmm..don't really see your point here. Ok.

By your logic, the guys who've played the rough beta at MAKS should shut up as well - because now they've had a taster of the final product.
You can't compare a guy who sat there for like an hour or two (tops!) playing the game with a beta tester who's playing it for months.

That guy telling me to be patient..well, same goes for him as well.

So yes, we get a look at the sim before you do. But please don't hate us for it ;)
Nah I don't hate you. As I said, I appreaciate countless hours you spent with the game, but please understand our point of view, for a moment. We ARE jelaous! :D

(At least I am:music_whistling:)

Yes Geier, those are very informative posts ... REP inbound...

Thanks

Blaze

• Like 1

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Israeli (and assuming that every other F-15) F-15s can and do carry A2G ordnance, F-15As were used as ground attackers in the "Wooden Leg" operation in 1985 and in several other smaller routine operations in the IAF.

More over, in the massive F-15s Mid Life Upgrade ("Baz Meshupar" - Improved Baz in english and Bazmesh in short) project in the IAF, along with a lot of other improvements, the F-15s (Focusing mostly on the B/D, but the A/C became very capable too) were upgraded with a striking level close to that of the F-15E/I making them very effective as ground attackers.

6700K | ASUS Z170 | 32GB RAM | GTX 680 | 850EVO

Israeli (and assuming that every other F-15) F-15s can and do carry A2G ordnance, F-15As were used as ground attackers in the "Wooden Leg" operation in 1985 and in several other smaller routine operations in the IAF.

Yes...I was talking about it.

It's a matter of principle which nation wants to use Eagle for A2G mission.

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

THX Geier

Another source

http://www.ausairpower.net/Profile-F-15A-D.html

This thread is very interesting

The F-15C/D also has improvements to its air-ground capability.

Though the F-15A/B had the software and electronics for bombing (e.g. CCIP or Automatic Release) it is not used for the task. The C/D has a Doppler beam sharpened groundmapping ability, ground Moving Target Indicator (MTI) and fixed target tracking, all of which are tactical strike modes.

TAC's requirement for ground attack capability followed as a result of the Rapid Deployment Force intervention oriented restructuring, though currently only the F-15Cs of the 1st TFW (Langley, Va) actually practice strike sorties. In support of the RDF TAC would deploy FAST pack fitted F-15Cs supported by KC-10 tankers to potential or actual trouble-spots in hours.

The C/D may be fitted with BRU-2GA 6X bomb racks which are cleared for supersonic release; typically the aircraft would carry 18 cluster bombs or 500 lb Mk 82s on two wing racks and one centreline rack. The gross weight limit is set at 68,000 lb.

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist