Setting Countermeasures Program?

Ala12Rv-Birdman

Hi.

I thought it was necessary to turn the countermeasures mode knob to STANDBY before modify a program setup through the DED for the changes to get saved.

Isn't it that way?

Thanks.

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Unless it is one of the inaccuracies of the book, or if my understanding is inaccurate ... if we are speaking about the ALE-47 the book(s) says:

"To program the manual ALE-47 modes, the CMDS must be powered up and in STBY. No programming is allowable for automatic or semiautomatic modes of operation."

But ... IIRC, it has been confirmed correct on Greek blk30 (and/or 52) versions. Same also on Belgian MLU, (but it was an ALE-40 if my memory is good ... it was a long time ago).

EDIT: There is a post that have been suppressed for some reasons. Just for info, I was not answering to OP but to Wags saying that what OP is writing is not true, ... just in case of confusion.

Edited by Dee-Jay

• ED Team
Unless it is one of the inaccuracies of the book, or if my understanding is inaccurate ... if we are speaking about the ALE-47 the book(s) says:

"To program the manual ALE-47 modes, the CMDS must be powered up and in STBY. No programming is allowable for automatic or semiautomatic modes of operation."

But ... IIRC, it has been confirmed correct on Greek blk30 (and/or 52) versions. Same also on Belgian MLU, (but it was an ALE-40 if my memory is good ... it was a long time ago).

EDIT: There is a post that have been suppressed for some reasons. Just for info, I was not answering to OP but to Wags saying that what OP is writing is not true, ... just in case of confusion.

Feel free to PM the source and we'll be happy to take a look. Based on our current documentation, there is no such language.

Thanks