Dedicated Server Control Panel

mkosmo

Since the last thread in here was closed some time back, I wanted to follow up and see if we could find some kind of resolution.

Yes, I'm running Windows Server 2016 R2, but let's not hide behind the "unsupported OS" claim -- this worked until earlier this year. Windows 10 and Server 2016 R2 are similar enough that nothing unusual will be going on here.

When the client makes a request to the 8088 service on the box, it's getting back a "422 Unprocessable Entity" from the service, so it's connecting just fine. I also see the same response come through the website, but it's passed back as the response payload of a request that otherwise is indicating a 200.

Local: https://i.imgur.com/WTIc86y.png

Via the website: https://i.imgur.com/YMJvLiG.png

Possibly relevant line in the logs:

2019-10-01 05:05:46.266 ERROR WebGUI: While parsing encryptedRequest: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

Where may I be able to find that certificate mentioned in the log line? Inspection of the certificate may assist some local troubleshooting. I could not find any files in the install or Saved Games folder that used common pkcs7 extensions.

Since I saw on the last thread that local testers were unable to reproduce, if ED is so inclined, I'm willing to set up a call and sharing session such that the team can get their hands on the system and work with it in any way that may assist in diagnostics and resolution of this issue. If you'd like to set anything up, please PM me and we can go from there.

I've got the exact same thing!

2019-10-01 12:05:22.304 ERROR WebGUI: While parsing encryptedRequest: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

Only with the difference that I am using Windows10 for this (which should be supported)

not too long ago the dedicated server webgui was working on my side - locally and from remote.

lately i cannot get it to work!

any advice for further analysis?

Edited by dFlow

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

I've got the exact same thing!

2019-10-01 12:05:22.304 ERROR WebGUI: While parsing encryptedRequest: StreamTransformationFilter: invalid PKCS #7 block padding found

Only with the difference that I am using Windows10 for this (which should be supported)

not too long ago the dedicated server webgui was working on my side - locally and from remote.

lately i cannot get it to work!

any advice for further analysis?

Perfect -- Same symptoms from both a "supported" platform and not. Hopefully we can get something more from ED.

i am afraid not - since this thread has the same issues + analysis inside, without a solution since months! :(

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242513&page=8

Yeah, I just want to bring more attention to it. I'm hoping ED will take me up on the offer to explore an affected system, or take notice to the certificate issue and provide some guidance on how we can isolate and locally work to remedy the issue.

Guys, if you have this problem, can you PM me the resulting IP address of

ping -4 localhost

Thanks!

As expected (no change to my hosts file):

C:\Users\REDACTED>ping -4 localhost

Pinging REDACTED[127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

• ED Team

The issue was tracked down to a bug in the compiler, which affects CPUs without AES-NI instructions (or when this instruction set is disabled in BIOS).

We will implement a workaround.

Edited by c0ff
grammar

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

The issue was tracked down to a bug in the compiler, which affects CPUs without AES-NI instructions (or when this instruction set is disabled in BIOS).

We will implement a workaround.

Interesting. I had no idea I was missing AES-NI on this box until I went to go check. Since my box is a VM hosted on a E5-2697 v3, which supports AES-NI, I just assumed it did. Coreinfo has since demonstrated that it's not enabled.

Time to go put a ticket in with my host.

If AES-NI is then enabled, will this resolve itself?