Su-22M4 comming to DCS

Go to solution Solved by SVKSniper,

For the past two years I've been working on a 3D model for DCS. Yes, as you can see in the title, the dream of many is becoming a reality... the Su-17M4 is coming!

I bet it is not just me who admires this airplane, that there is a lot of fans of this flying machine. And this is my plan: in the near future (Soon^TM) I will finish the UV map of all parts of the aircraft as well as all textures. Second phase will be an implementation of the 3D model into DCS (so far as an AI only). A third phase, in case there is an interest, create a 3D model of cockpit and make it work with external model.

And now, enough of talk:

LSlKMPD.jpguiY1FpX.jpg

F1Akakc.jpg

uCmwaEg.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Hi Sniper,

Nice work. Would this be added into dcs (part of dcs instead of AI mod)

I thought you were working on su-24 cockpit?

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

The game certainly needs one as an AI at least, hope it gets finished and added.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Already has a Su-17 as AI. Just the model is... yeah...

Yeah :thumbup: Fingers crossed for you Sniper

If ED is interested...

However, Sniper you're not a beginner. You should know better ED by now :doh:

If ED is interested ??? Nice cue. This is the end of your story/project. Unfortunately :(

May the THRUST be with you

For the past two years I've been working on a 3D model for DCS. Yes, as you can see in the title, the dream of many is becoming a reality... the Su-17M4 is coming!

I bet it is not just me who admires this airplane, that there is a lot of fans of this flying machine. And this is my plan: in the near future (Soon^TM) I will finish the UV map of all parts of the aircraft as well as all textures. Second phase will be an implementation of the 3D model into DCS (so far as an AI only). A third phase, in case there is an interest, create a 3D model of cockpit and make it work with external model.

You should get in touch with this guy: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247137

He also is planning on creating a Su-17M4 full fidelity module

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Yeah, it sounds like he is more on the coding side, not 3D.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 1 month later...

My fingers are crossed for this project!

Could be payware full model! Dream.... :D.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It'd be great if someone could do an improved FM for it (perhaps ED's GFM will actually accomplish that)? Right now it as weird, artificialy, and difficult stall behaviours.

Anyway, this is one of my two most desired planes... almost the armament of a Su-25, but with higher speed, and the two 30mm cannons really have a satisfying thunking when doing a strafing run! So I can't really express how alluring this project is!

Hellou guys. I know you waiting on new update and new screen,so....

First, thank you all your words and comments! :thumbup: And now to project...

I add model to DCS with lua file and now i can fly with Fitter......:)

But i start making new better UVW Map. Later i upload more screeen and render and you can see what i mean... Now i upload two screen from DCS(is two weeks old)....;)

xGcAVhk.png

P0PzOBy.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned last time, I work to make the textures in the best possible quality. Therefore, over the past three months, I have been studying many tutorials on how to work on textures using Substance painter, in addition to working on a model. I improved some parts of the aircraft and began to text some parts using this program. Today I bring you a small sample of pylon textures. Of course that's not all. I worked on other parts of the model and I can say that for the most part all the animations are finished. I hope there will be more time after the New Year and I will be able to bring you a lot more renders and screens of this plane soon ...

MzUc0Di.jpg

cTWRoqo.jpg

Qw1WAEG.jpg