Active Radar Homing Missile seaker FOV

GumidekCZ

I have to report bug with ARH Missile seaker FOV (present in DCS for long time, now tested again in Open Beta). This is not bug of Hornets RWR, but at least AIM120 missile seaker FOV. Currently AIM120 can guide itself without datalink support, but with very poor guidance logic and huge drag coeficient, luckyly it can still compare with R27ER and R77. Its really snaping my balls!

Can post track, but I think, no really need for this. Every one can test this with ease.

Forum admin, please make new threat reporting section for Game itself, where we can report bug as this one. Or AMRAAM missile guidance.

Look at these pictures, two AMRAAM missiles inbound on me, RWR yelling on all the time, even when missiles almost behind me:

1st missile passing me

87uMpqK.png

2nd missile passing me

n4bOC7u.png

F10 Map view:

5aTvapY.png

My cockpit with RWR at that time:

F1EnXMB.png

Yes, you still need a track and relevant info like

How far away was thevlaunching aircraft? What was its altitide? What was the aspect at launch? Etc etc. Missiles don't go pitbull until relstively close, they also lose energy and maneuverability after a while. ''Max range'' means the missile can fly that far and hit a non maneuvering school bus, not a maneuvering fighter. The actual lethsl zone is much less. There also is a limited fov, yes, you being 80-90' off boresight would probably place you out of it.

All you've done is post random photos of a missile missing, with NO useful information, and cried fire.

However based on your photos, I'd say the launcher was far below you and probably way too far away to guarantee a kill.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The "simulated" ARH radar gimbals/detection are insane. I know the RWR lags several seconds from realtime, but the M targets you beyond 90 degrees off it's heading making missile evasion work very imprecise and require eyes and time you can't spare well.

The only practical way of working out if you are under real threat is the tracking rate around the RWR clockface, and that requires flying steady a second or two

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yep, often times when you try to notch a Phoenix, the launch appears on the oposite side of your aircraft and you get splatted...

And the phoenix radar can look behind itself!

Personally I think there is no simulated ARH at all in DCS, it's just a point where it emits and the missile logic is the same throughout. It needs a real going over, it's the main event to this sim.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Do ED know what "mess" have they among missile drag indexes, missile guidance?? why AIM120 datalink support and why sometimes LOFT and sometimes not??

(Lately I get new idea of the drag, may be drag indexes are right, but the density function of air thrue its height is not correct. May be its to dense at sea level) -Do not repsond.

Edited by GumidekCZ

I thought the 120 seeker could gimble up to 60°'s off boresight but this does seem a bit excessive. Also yes they do GumidekCZ and have for a while (as in many many years) but havn't done much they have done some but there is still a lot they need to do in particular for the garbage that are sams.

Edited by nighthawk2174

Do ED know what "mess" have they among missile drag indexes, missile guidance?? why AIM120 datalink support and why sometimes LOFT and sometimes not??

(Lately I get new idea of the drag, may be drag indexes are right, but the density function of air thrue its height is not correct. May be its to dense at sea level) -Do not repsond.

The atmosphere has been tested time and time again, its spot on. If you think not, actually provide data to show otherwise, making stuff up makes this conversation meaningless.

• 5 months later...

Yeah I had an engagement when I fired an AMRAAM active off the rail at a target above me, the missile did a >90 degree dive and hit an aircraft I shot down about 15-20 seconds prior. The aircraft was far outside the ASE circle, whereas my intended target was basically centred inside the circle... Sadly I didn't think to record a track, I'll see if it happens again...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.