Interestingly... we've had the VR Optimization since May

Nagilem

According to Wags, last post, looks like the VR Optimizations are already in the OB.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243521

I wonder if that means we will be tapped out of improvement when they get the last of the bugs worked for those having issues, or if there will be more improvement over time.

***CORRECTION TO TITLE**** - since early June with 2.5.5 release

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

God , i hope not...I did read Wag's post and pray that was a misstatement , and that he meant internally only .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

That is odd, I did see a significant performance improvement but it was on the Normandy map (have not tested the others), and Normandy is not supposed to have it yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That is odd, I did see a significant performance improvement but it was on the Normandy map (have not tested the others), and Normandy is not supposed to have it yet.

The last open beta update had a change in the LOD of the trees. That seems to have made a big impact for people that run a lot of trees :) or with Normandy, that uses them for hedgerows.

I don't think the SpeedTree's LOD change was for VR specifically, but it does seem more apparent in high resolutions that VR uses perhaps?

I hope I am misreading too but why ask us to test ob vs stable if it wasn’t there? Not upset at all just wanting to adjust my thinking and expectations.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

• ED Team

If possible please post your test results for the team, it will help them pin down the issue, thanks.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

God , i hope not...I did read Wag's post and pray that was a misstatement , and that he meant internally only .

Nope. Why else would they ask people to compare stable (no VRimp) for beta(VRimp) and report back.

I'm pretty sure I saw some improvment, but nowhere near 50%.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I've seen noticeable improvement in the CV1. I can run at 1.8PD with shadows at medium and everything high no problem. The cockpit in the 18 is much clearer as well. That being said, it's not a 50% improvement. Also, my Pimax 5K+ is a disaster but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Ahaa... Wel I have the same FPS on the oculus rift cv1 as in the Reverb! Now that's strange! The reverb should be much more demanding then the rift! see specs.

[ATTACH]212154[/ATTACH]

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

@harlikwin - agreed. I saw some improvement, but definitely not 50%. I also find it interesting they said "no vr update yet", and now "surprise! vr update already there!".

I just hope that doesn't turn in to even more pitchforks and torches.

I have been running a Normandy Cold Start Mission in the Spit.

Previous to this last Open Beta update, using Rift S,I was getting 40 fps taxiing to runway and taking off, then it would climb.

Now since the update, I am getting in like the 60's during the same taxi and takeoff. And straight to 80 fps pretty quickly on the climb out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

over the weekend I actually adjusted my VR settings for the first time in months..

I went from 1.2 to 1.0 PD.

my Normandy performance has degraded quite a bit.

so it must be an issue that is different to the VR improvement.

I do seem to get better performance with the new trees in gerogia but I also have an intermittent judder that I have managed to get rid of before and now im trying to get rid of it again...

hence the shift in PD.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

@harlikwin - agreed. I saw some improvement, but definitely not 50%. I also find it interesting they said "no vr update yet", and now "surprise! vr update already there!".

I just hope that doesn't turn in to even more pitchforks and torches.

Yeah, it seems like ED is outdoing themselves on the bad PR decision front lately.

I did notice more smoothness with that patch but chalked it up to the VR mem leak stuff not the optimization. I never measured frames between the two as I tend to stay locked at 45 with the CV1. I'm not sure how helpful I'd be comparing between OB and stable since I'm not willing to spend hours switching from one to the other and back again on steam.

I wonder if I can just D/L the ED version of stable and take the free flight though, how big is the core version of DCS.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If possible please post your test results for the team, it will help them pin down the issue, thanks.

Would it be useful to post a comparison between steam OB and stable ED version?

Give us the option to turn off deferred shading again perhaps?

Easier said than done I'm sure, but still....

Theres a support group that meets on mondays to fridays if you're interested? Just a few members who just cannot let go, and meet up to share their feelings and vent in a supporting enviroment.

How about it? :smilewink:

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Theres a support group that meets on mondays to fridays if you're interested? Just a few members who just cannot let go, and meet up to share their feelings and vent in a supporting enviroment.

How about it? :smilewink:

Well, I've not enjoyed the sim as much since they disabled the option due to it being almost impossible for me to maintain a stable framerate.

I'm not being critical, I just think it's a fair suggestion.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

@Wolf - still happily addicted thankyou... will prolly need the support group sometime this fall after the f16 comes out HAHA.

Hey folks,

As an outsider getting very interested in VR and a return to flight sims there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with the current state of VR and DCS or am I not reading it right? Also, why is there not clear information coming from DCS about VR updates etc? So much reading between the lines and conjecture. Seems ridiculous considering how much people are looking forward to improvements.

Ahaa... Wel I have the same FPS on the oculus rift cv1 as in the Reverb! Now that's strange! The reverb should be much more demanding then the rift! see specs.

[ATTACH]212154[/ATTACH]

What are you're frame rates?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I don't know but I get 45FPS even with Motion Reprojection off.. I have a Odyssey Plus..

I have no dissatisfaction with VR besides maybe the FOV.. but Pimax is leading the way there.. overall I am happy with VR and DCS..

I am still unsure if there has been any performance enhancements as of yet.. but I am sure they will come..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I've seen noticeable improvement in the CV1. I can run at 1.8PD with shadows at medium and everything high no problem. The cockpit in the 18 is much clearer as well. That being said, it's not a 50% improvement. Also, my Pimax 5K+ is a disaster but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the update.

Wicked, you should post to the link below if you haven't already.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

very disappointing... I suspected something like this https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3938298&postcount=20

but didn't really want to believe it... feel kind of sorry for them now, hope they get their stuff together and make some actual progress. Meanwhile I'll fly something else :(

But you do realize that that's EXACTLY what beta branch is for, right? For ED to test with us, the users? Why else would you have a beta branch?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1