native oculus on steam version of dcs

twistking

Hello,

i was wondering, how the native oculus support for DCS works, when you are on the steam version of DCS.

Can you run the steam version of DCS without the steamVR API getting forced between DCS and the oculus API?

Or in other words: Can you run steam DCS with oculus natively but without steamVR?

Or is this even the only way to do it?

I'm just trying to work out, how all these APIs work...

Yes. You can start dcs from occulus and it will just use that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you have the auto detect VR box ticked in DCS you just start DCS, and it boots up the occulus runtime and runs in VR. I disable this so I can run flatscreen for mission editing when I want etc. So I startup the occulus app, then goto library and hit run and it runs DCS in VR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Don't know why , but DCS disappeared from my Oculus library . I use Skatezilla's GUI utility to launch VR or pancake mode (tho i only fly in VR) .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Skatezilla doesnt work on steam which was the question.