[Request] Make the I-16 be able to land/TO from fields

astazou

Hello,

Is it possible (or even planned?) to make the plane be able to land and takeoff properly from fields please?

Especially because this plane was able IRL to work on unprepared grass airfields

TakeOff is possible, but landing on the grass, after many tries, always the same result==>

unknown.png

The Yak52 can do it and it is really interesting.

Option "Start from the ground" and ""Start from the ground cold start" would be also awesome for mission creators :D

Thank you for your job guys

Edited by astazou

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

IRL operation of this aeroplane from a grass strip is mandatory AFAIK. That tiny tail wheel doesn't fit concrete runways very well. But I don't really know what kind of tweaking would be needed inside DCS for that.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yes, and can we have a little slot in the cockpit to hold/stash our vodka... you know something that holds at least a 40 ounce bottle. :lol: Hey it get's cold up there without a full canopy :thumbup:

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Of course at least it is still possible to land the I-16 on random grass fields in Normandy, as you can with the P51, Spitfire and CEII...

47062179494_54ebb535e1_k.jpg

46935407765_2c2ee45a00_k.jpg

47851659891_fd59323e7f_k.jpg

Edited by chicomick
show pics

Intel Core i7-8086k@5Ghz / Asus PrimeZ370-A

32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Mem / GTX 1080 Ti / 500GB SSD Int M2 / Samsung U28E590 4k / Oculus Rift S