JDAM Update #1

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Will MGRS coords be added for Hornet later? Or it operates wil Lat/Long only? Because jtac gives only MGRS coords now.

Think the JDAM can only be programmed with Lat/Long, but the waypoints can be entered with MGRS using the GRID function (which isn't implemented). So it should come later, just won't be useful for the JDAM (unless you use TOO mode).

Care to listen again?

https://youtu.be/s8uldUWd5mg?t=395

6:35 mark

and also this:

From here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3891283&postcount=56

As you can see now, those were different fixes and yesterdays update did indeed contain the fixes I talked about which Wags has mentioned in his video:

I've personally updated the change log.

Just because a particular Open Beta is light on new features hardly indicates that no work is going on. Quite the contrary in fact. The team has been working on several complex systems, but none were quite ready for realease at this point without the high-chance of needing a hot fix.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3904062&postcount=57

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will MGRS coords be added for Hornet later? Or it operates wil Lat/Long only? Because jtac gives only MGRS coords now.

You can quickly convert those coordinates online to lat/long. Then deliver JDAMs to your hearts content :)

:pilotfly:

According to this list quite a few things have been addressed or improved already...

• Cleaning up the JDAM and adding new features to the JDAM
  • Adding the JSOW (already in internal test)
  • Add full simulation of GPS and INS alignment and navigation systems
  • PRECISE waypoint input mode
  • Correcting HARM guidance
  • MIDS for LTWS and TWS
  • Litening II targeting pod

I agree these are some very complex and deep systems and to simulate the depth of these systems will be time consuming. There has been a lot great work done for the F-18 module and I appreciate the updates and fixes we get.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

According to this list quite a few things have been addressed or improved already...

• Cleaning up the JDAM and adding new features to the JDAM
  • Adding the JSOW (already in internal test)
  • Add full simulation of GPS and INS alignment and navigation systems
  • PRECISE waypoint input mode
  • Correcting HARM guidance
  • MIDS for LTWS and TWS
  • Litening II targeting pod

I agree these are some very complex and deep systems and to simulate the depth of these systems will be time consuming. There has been a lot great work done for the F-18 module and I appreciate the updates and fixes we get.

Those items haven't been addressed yet, there are missing JDAM features, we don't have PRECISE waypoint entry (don't confuse this with being able to enter decimal seconds for JDAM, they're different), the HARM guidance is still bugged (see the bug forum), and pretty sure the last one was meant to be MSI which we don't have, not MIDS (we've had MIDS for a while now).

Those items haven't been addressed yet

Are they not being improved or worked on?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Think the JDAM can only be programmed with Lat/Long, but the waypoints can be entered with MGRS using the GRID function (which isn't implemented). So it should come later, just won't be useful for the JDAM (unless you use TOO mode).

Correct.

DDMMSS.[sS] < When will seconds be added to the F10 Map playing MP? I'm not complaining but my GBUs either fall short or never hit the selected target.
You can cycle coordinate display. Look at the controls, type "coordinates" and you'll find it. I think it's LAlt+Y, but I'm not 100% sure

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi, second try.

In his tutorial video about JDAM, Wags specify that if you use QTY setting to release multiple JDAM, all bombs will go on the same target.

I did some research (and I can’t specify the source here) but from what I understand, you can load independent PP into each bomb memory, release using QTY option, and wether you release in AUTO/LOFT or MAN, each bomb will go on its own target.

But nothing prevent you from loading the same PP onto multiple bombs if you want all bombs to impact the same target.

So you should be able to prepare all your JDAM and attack multiples DMPI on one target site in one pickle press (and hold).

If a SME (pilot or avionic crew) could tell be if I’m right or wrong it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• ED Team
Hi, second try.

In his tutorial video about JDAM, Wags specify that if you use QTY setting to release multiple JDAM, all bombs will go on the same target.

I did some research (and I can’t specify the source here) but from what I understand, you can load independent PP into each bomb memory, release using QTY option, and wether you release in AUTO/LOFT or MAN, each bomb will go on its own target.

But nothing prevent you from loading the same PP onto multiple bombs if you want all bombs to impact the same target.

So you should be able to prepare all your JDAM and attack multiples DMPI on one target site in one pickle press (and hold).

If a SME (pilot or avionic crew) could tell be if I’m right or wrong it would be great.

Thanks in advance.

If you cant specify the source under the terms of rule 1.16, then you already have your answer, we CANNOT use sensitive documents. I cannot over state this enough.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png