F14 manual WING SWEEP lever MOD 3d printable

FoxDelta

starting to draw a wing sweep lever for the Thrustmaster WARTHOG Hotas FRICTION LEVER

this is the progress thread for it,

this will be 3d printable for everyone

AUTO movement will not be implemented by me (someone may modify it later, when thats implemented in the module)

there will be no need for opening or voiding your guarantee with this MOD

there is no axis assignment possible for this lever in HEATBLURs F14 atm, but i expect this to be added in the near future

Edited by FoxDelta

raise-mechanism is designed, next step will be the stop-mechanism for 20°, bomb° and 68 degrees, including park/72°

Are you planning to use the dovetail bottom plate from the AV-8 project?

ah, yes , why not, its a bit tight but working, do you have any suggestion for a change here.

imo having the same mounting solution makes the change easier and cuts the parts list

following this!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

I was hoping you were making them compatible to reduce print costs. Glad to hear it works, even if tight.

ah, yes , why not, its a bit tight but working, do you have any suggestion for a change here.

imo having the same mounting solution makes the change easier and cuts the parts list

subscribing! very nice.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

1st prototype

so, 1st prototype is assembled,

as i am on vacation for the next 12 days i will do the refining, and improving thereafter

have a look, its longer than the AV8 lever but just half the width

IMG_20190411_094914.thumb.jpg.af5095d1bcf4066792fbf3c71e8d2968.jpg

IMG_20190411_114555.thumb.jpg.75364c8ad5e9a084d02c00b80139df58.jpg

Edited by FoxDelta

FoxDelta I am truly impressed. Great work!

I am very interested once the design is finished to have one, are you thinking of selling machined units yourself our sharing your files for us to print?

And if so, is there an online printing service you would recommend?

Also, just a few very personal observations that could be discussed.

The real cat's lever moves but of course this one is passive. I think I would find the cover annoying after awhile and remove it altogether, unless there is something I'm missing?

Also If there is a good reason of having the cover (realism of course is a valid concern) would it be possible to have it in clear polycarbonate-like material so we can see at a glance the position of the lever when the cover is shut?

Watching with interest...

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

FoxDelta I am truly impressed. Great work!

I am very interested once the design is finished to have one, are you thinking of selling machined units yourself our sharing your files for us to print?

And if so, is there an online printing service you would recommend?

Also, just a few very personal observations that could be discussed.

The real cat's lever moves but of course this one is passive. I think I would find the cover annoying after awhile and remove it altogether, unless there is something I'm missing?

Also If there is a good reason of having the cover (realism of course is a valid concern) would it be possible to have it in clear polycarbonate-like material so we can see at a glance the position of the lever when the cover is shut?

Watching with interest...

hi,

as i did with the other projects i will make the files available here (AV8,F18,) u can find me also on thingiverse if u need a warthog extension or a raised vkb base. i have no need to sell anything for profit.:smilewink:

not really, there was a comparison site out somewhere

https://craftcloud.all3dp.com but i would recommend buying a printer yourself. acceptable printers cost below 300 €

if u want this lever to be motordriven, of course this can be done, but i do not have the skills to do that ,yet

if anyone wants to do this pm me and i will send you the fusion360 link for the file, for easier modification or do the modification as needed myself for you

there is already some nearly transparent filament out there, so yes.

the transparent part is missing in the pictures, as its not relevant for the prototype, also i haven t yet published photos of the raised lever nor how that works.

next step will be refining the function of the lever, e.g. the need to raise it for the oversweep

then pretty it up

hi,

as i did with the other projects i will make the files available here (AV8,F18,) u can find me also on thingiverse if u need a warthog extension or a raised vkb base. i have no need to sell anything for profit.:smilewink:

not really, there was a comparison site out somewhere

https://craftcloud.all3dp.com but i would recommend buying a printer yourself. acceptable printers cost below 300 €

if u want this lever to be motordriven, of course this can be done, but i do not have the skills to do that ,yet

if anyone wants to do this pm me and i will send you the fusion360 link for the file, for easier modification or do the modification as needed myself for you

there is already some nearly transparent filament out there, so yes.

the transparent part is missing in the pictures, as its not relevant for the prototype, also i haven t yet published photos of the raised lever nor how that works.

next step will be refining the function of the lever, e.g. the need to raise it for the oversweep

then pretty it up

I'll hunt you down over at Thingiverse! I'm using a Creality CR-10S, with tons of mods to it. :) Plus, I love using Octoprint on my Raspberry Pi, to help manage things.

Great work there M8!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...
Are you still working on this mod?

sorry, i haven t abandoned it

at the moment i am too busy at work, so its on hold, but i will come back to it for sure

• 3 months later...
I buy a CR10S 3D printer almost only for this handle and your project ! very nice job !

thx, hope to find some time again to finish it, atm i am considering publishing the files as they are

FoxDelta, have you considered making new grips for the warthog itself in F-14 shape?

i do not own the warthog grip, unfortunately i bought the vkb gunfighter grip mk1 which got changed to mk2 with the release of their modern combat grip.

if i would have made a new grip for it i would have used just another MCG for the electronics and buttons. but a MK1 grip is not avbl in europe anymore, so no plans on that at the moment