[WIP] Refusal to Lock Targets!!!

mytai01

Jester has a real problem with not locking obvious hostel aircraft. Even after they lock us up and shoot at us, and RWR showing 2x29's, and he's calling, "nails," he refuses to lock them up. That is crazy!!! I started the jet up and took off as soon as physically possible. I didn't wait for anything. I told Jester, "Go Now" as soon as the second engine came online. I disconnected and taxied out and took off. INS came up before engagement. The two 29's never showed hostel on the radar, so it seems that Jester will not lock an unknown target even though every thing else says hostel. This can't be realistic...

Edited by IronMike

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Can you add a track and explain the conditions a bit further?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tell him to lock "target ahead", instead of "enemy target ahead". You can even tell him to lock a "friendly target ahead"...

Not sure if anything INS related is causing issues, but it shouldn't AFAIK the radar is autonomous from INS.

Jester has a real problem with not locking obvious hostel aircraft. Even after they lock us up and shoot at us, and RWR showing 2x29's, and he's calling, "nails," he refuses to lock them up. That is crazy!!! I started the jet up and took off as soon as physically possible. I didn't wait for anything. I told Jester, "Go Now" as soon as the second engine came online. I disconnected and taxied out and took off. INS came up before engagement. The two 29's never showed hostel on the radar, so it seems that Jester will not lock an unknown target even though every thing else says hostel. This can't be realistic...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have tried several missions and Jester won't lock non-hostel targets so that a missile can be fired at them from BVR...SEVERAL times...It does not work...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm Jester seems to do ok for me with the longer range stuff using TWS. Sometimes he won't lock something right on my nose, but they may be beaming thou. But I was approaching the rear of the friendly tanker at about 10 nm yesterday and asked Jester to lock friendly ahead - got "No can do" - you wat mate? PAL it is then I guess, go back to Angry Birds Jester.

Speaking of PAL, I thought that was only out to 15nm (page 231 in manual) - I locked another tanker at 21nm the other day?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a track of my attempt to shoot down a pair of Su-27, but Jester wouldn't give me a lock, or I couldn't see the lock on my HUD...

F-14B Problem Lock On.trk

Be patient...I fly away from the action till my systems are up. Also, the track may not work right...as usual...;)

+1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I've had the same problem in the Gen 3 quickstart mission, I think the distance at which I was asking him to lock the Mig-23 was 15-20 nm. I ended up just closing a bit and using PAL to get a lock myself.

I've had the same problem in the Gen 3 quickstart mission, I think the distance at which I was asking him to lock the Mig-23 was 15-20 nm. I ended up just closing a bit and using PAL to get a lock myself.

Try that with 2x Su-27 with a full missile load...