Radio for RIO in MP

Swany

So, did some digging around, and I see where there are some radio issues with SRS (not currently using it) but I haven't seen anything around what I'm looking for (which leads me to believe it's me and not the game/module)

When I sit the RIO seat in MP and my buddy is in the front, he seems to be the only one that can use the radio. I never get any response. I can't get the ground crew to do anything, I can't get the ATC to respond, nothing.

I tested this is SP as well, and everything works fine when I'm in SP, just not in MP. So, I'm thinking I'm using the radio correctly, but maybe I'm missing something when I'm in MP?\

Are there any guides out there for the radios in the F14? I'm mean, I'm not a total dolt when it comes to them (I have no problems with radios in other air craft, be it in Simple or Sim mode) I'm only having issues with the Tomcat

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Easy peasy solution:

1) Go into SRS settings and set "Allow INCOCKPIT DCS controlled PTT" to on

2) Go into DCS controls settings, RIO controls, Radio category and bind "Mic button UHF" to something (also Mic button ICS if you wanna use SRS for ics)

3) In game, turn on your radio (set it to t/r or t/r+g) then select the channel you want to use. Or set it to manual and tune in the frequency. Remember, the UHF repeater displays the pilots radio settings, not yours.

4) Hit your newly bound PTT button and you'll be able to talk all you want.

If you wish, you can go to your "XMTR Sel VHF / UHF 2 ANT" panel (right bellow the CADC panel) and switch what radio you talk on. UHF 1 will let you talk on the pilots radio (he's still in control of the frequency and it's power state though), UHF 2 on yours, and both on both.

Not using SRS, would this still apply, or is it dependent on using SRS?

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Ok, so if that's the case, it's still not working. I just went through everything again, to include the Heatblur online doc's for the 14 and it works perfectly when in SP mode. But, if I'm the RIO in MP, it acts like I'm transmitting, but I never get any response. I'm on the right freq's (I've tried both VHF and UHF freq's) and nothing ever responds to me.

Are there any other RIO's in MP that are running into this?

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

So it's some setting on my friends system we use as our server. I stood up my laptop as a server loaded the same map, and the radio works fine from the RIO seat

B. "Swany" Swanberg

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

Oculus Rift S VR

Ok, so if that's the case, it's still not working. I just went through everything again, to include the Heatblur online doc's for the 14 and it works perfectly when in SP mode. But, if I'm the RIO in MP, it acts like I'm transmitting, but I never get any response. I'm on the right freq's (I've tried both VHF and UHF freq's) and nothing ever responds to me.

Are there any other RIO's in MP that are running into this?

I've been having the same exact issue.

What radio do you try to communicate with? AFAIK, RIO only has access to 1 of the 2 radio. Be sure to use the correct binding , in the real one it's one of the rudder pedals that is the radio trigger. Using the \ PTT binding probably won't work

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Yeah, RIO radios are bugged. Sonetimes the 182 radio would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Other times it gets stuck on VHF FM and no comms.

It usually works for UHF2 when the comms menu says AN/ARC-182.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I have not had any real issues. Confirm the radios are set to Man, turn off then on if in a hot bird, set freq front seat back seat, use XMTR SEL to select if I want to talk on mine or the pilots radio. On a few servers I have had to fiddle with the KY-28 to get it working though. There might be a server setting or something but turning that on to C and then Pad-1 or Pad-2 usually gets the radio working. Also I have found a few issues in hot start planes so I try to always go cold start