ASP Sight not coming on.

Swordfish

+1

[Edit - I think it's related to the aux inverter switch as you can now blank out the gun sight (from a hot start situation) by turning the aux inverter on]

Edited by crcr7
additional info

That's weird. I was just fflying the MiG-21 yesterday (Open Beta), and the pipper came on just fine. :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's weird. I was just fflying the MiG-21 yesterday (Open Beta), and the pipper came on just fine. :huh:

Start cold and dark, connect external power, set up everything with engine still of and gunsight started working? In my case it only illuminates its scales, but the piper is absent, so as fixed net.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I use only cold and dark mission start. Never use autostart. The real world procedure to check the sight before starting the engine. The sight is obviously receiving power as wingspan, range, ballistic knob scales illuminate. But fixed net and piper don't appear until engine is started which is wrong and strange as engine doesn't support the ASP with anything the ground power and onboard inverters can not. Oh, and if I turn the engine on after all that, the sight scales appear on the reflector without touching anything sight or generally avionics related. Like projector has a separate power line than the sight in general, and that power line goes straight to the generator only.

Edited by Кош

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder