Can't get Rockeyes to fire

imacken

Just started looking at the Rockeye Mk 20 bombs on the Hornet, and in the 'Canister Munitions' Training Mission and the Instant Action 'Weapons Practice I just can't get them to fire!

Done all the usual stuff - set mechanical fuse to VT, electric fuse off, HT set to 1200 (but have tried many other settings!) - but no fire at all.

After release, they just hit the ground, no clusters at all.

Obviously, I am doing something fundamentally wrong. Any ideas?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Right, setting EFUZ to INST works. However in all Wags' (and others) videos on YT EFUZ is set to off. This does not work for me.

Examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zBJEKGEGfw&t=268s

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Early Access. Things can/will change with development. YouTube videos don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Try this NEWEST one :)

That video brings up more questions. Wags' is saying that EFUZ needs to be INST for all bombs, e.g. 82, 83 and 84, as well as the Rockeyes. Keeping the EFUZ at OFF works perfectly fine for me on these except the Rockeye, obviously!

The other thing is, and I've noticed this in various missions as well as these videos, that they all show the default to be CCIP whereas with me they all default to MAN.

Surprising that these fundamental changes occur. I mean, you would think that the default mode for weapons on the Hornet would be easily defined from the start.

That will probably change again with implementation of the data cartridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I use them regularly with no issues. However, they will not work if you are too low when you pickle them.

Just saying, check that.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Last time I checked, which was about a week ago, everything seems to work if you make it a habit to set both manual fuse and electrical fuse, with the one exception being laser guided bombs, where you need EFUZ but need to leave manual fuse off.

Note you have to be in a steep dive, helps to chop the throttle. You can only drop on the +, not the _|_. Wait for it.

Put the target where the circle is, chop the throttle, roll in.

sI1sDbk.png

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Thanks guys, the issue clearly was that the conditions have changed since the earlier videos and the Training Missions.

In those, the EFUZ had to be off, but now it needs to be set to INST. All good now.