Controls settings bug

After mapping any button or axis, the controls options stop working and I have to restart whole game to make it working again and to be able to setup next axis or button.

Some specification to make it able to reproduce bug:

- I open the axis assign controls settings.

- Double click to any window

- By moving with the controller, the game automatically detects the desired axis.

- Click O.K.

- Double click to any other input window

- Now I can move with any axis as long as possible, but nothing happens. I have to set the axis manually or restart the whole game and do the same steps again and again.

Please, can someone try this to make me sure the problem is in game or just in my system? Thank You.

Game version: 2.5.4.28090 - non-steam version.

Own almost all addons.

I don't own the Mig-19p

No mods installed. Not even the TacView.

Rig:

PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W

MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5

CPU: Core I7-6700K

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 64GB (Kit 4x16GB) 2400MHz CL15

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G

SSD: Samsung NVMe SM951 512GB

Peripherals:

TrackIR 5

MFG Crosswind V2 Rudder pedals

Virpil Mongoos T-50 base and grip

HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle

Headset Logitech G433

Just write:

"Yes, I have the same problem"

or

"No, I don't have this problem"

Or if someone have experience with this problem and knows how to fix that, I will give big thanx to You. :)

Edit: I tried to do repair, cleanup, delete DCS folder in userprofile, run as admin, unplug all USB devices, unplug controllers one by one, nothing helped.

Edit 3: The issue does not happen instantly. Sometimes it is sooner, sometimes later. But it happens for every aircraft.

Will update the list

Edit 4: Tried to make rollback to Stable - no issue there.

Edit 5: Went back to OB. At L-39C - I've found it alway stop working righ after mapping the 5th axis.

Edit 6: Most often it happens after mapping the analogue brake axis.

Edited by AJaromir

I have the same problem. I add that i installed the latest open beta and everything was fine. Soon after i installed MIG-19 i had the same symptoms as you described. No solution found yet.

Edited by Blaster79

I seem to have a partial fix... use the dropdown menu to select the axis/button rather than actually moving the axis or pressing the button.

I seem unable to load into a flight after doing this but restarting DCS works...

Edited by Random

+1

The controllers stop being captured by the config screen. The sim itself remains functional.

The bug appeared after the Open Beta update that introduced the MiG-19.

I had the MiG-19 installed when I experienced this bug.

The issue affects all configs for all aircraft.

I seem to have a partial fix... use the dropdown menu to select the axis/button rather than actually moving the axis or pressing the button.

I seem unable to load into a flight after doing this but restarting DCS works...

Not a "partial fix" but a workaround.

Edited by Jack McCoy
Wording

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

+1

The controllers stop being captured by the config screen. THe sim itself remains functional.

The bug which appeared with the Open Beta update that introduced the MiG-19.

I had the MiG-19 installed when I experienced this bug.

The issue affects all configs for all aircraft.

Not a "partial fix" but a workaround.

I don't own the Mig-19.

This solution did not help, just like in your case. Still the same issue.

This is not even workaround because this is exactly what it does. No matter if I click the axis assign button or select the axis commands category. If you have 3 controllers with total 11 axis (like I do: Stick - 3 axis; Throttle 5 axis; rudder pedals - 3 axis, eventually TrackIR - 6 axis - so total 17 axis), you won't like it.

The issue is very random. Sometimes it looks like everything is o.k. Sometimes it stop woirking after setting firs axis, sometims after 4th axis.

Edited by AJaromir

Same issue here, I first thought my stick is broken :huh:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here, but I might have a work around.

I found this bug last night while setting up keybinds on the MiG-19. I could keybind everything but Right Thrust. If I assigned an axis to right thrust it would cause this issue to pop up. Forcing a restart.

I was able to bypass the issue by assigning one of my throttle axis to control both engines instead of left and right. Then I was able to add all the other keybinds and axis.

I didn't see the issue pop up anywhere else but I still need to finish keybinding, so we will see.

I hope this helps.

Thought I was losing my mind over here. I hope they fix this in the next couple of days, this isn't cool at all! What I don't understand is why isn't everyone running OpenBeta not seeing this??????

Edited by MackM2

I am also seeing problems with binding controls after latest OB update + Mig19 install. Im running a Virpil MT50 stick and throttle - both updated to latest firmware. Control inputs (some axes and all buttons) not detected when assigning.

Can confirm also have this with the F-18.

And the Huey, what is super weird is I don't think I had this on Friday,

Edited by Bob_Bushman

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

This bug should be easy to fix and is a critical regression.

I have a feeling this sub-forum doesn't get a lot of attention. I don't see any status tags like [NO BUG|NO TRACK|REPORTED|FIXED] appended to the thread titles. :(

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Exactly the same problem here. And I have a complete new installation! Really enoying!

I have the same problem on all modules i have installed. The axis stop responding in the setup menu. But it still works to fly. But when i want to quit the mission, the computer hangs...

AJS 37 viggen

F18

KA50

Edited by Kristoffer79