F-16 payload

Frostie

It was not. Not part of the USAF/ANG F-16C with CCIP payload circa 2007

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:)

Fighter_Airplane_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_F-16C_526133_3840x2400.jpg

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:)

Fighter_Airplane_F-16_Fighting_Falcon_F-16C_526133_3840x2400.jpg

Those are AIM-120C, AIM-9X and AGM-88 and A block 52.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3800086&postcount=387

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I'm not mistaking. Those are harms. We have been on WW duty since the mid 90's. Just saw "F-16 Payload" and thought I would throw out a bone on what I hope for, pods and all.

So just ignore me, I was just passing through........ :)

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And again the super "Pure breads", crying FAULT when anyone has a reasonable request because its "not realistic"

Well DAM no A-10 ever flew in Georgia.., nor F 18s ever opperated in the Black Sea, nor ever was a conflict with Iran, to date, nor you have SU 27s in Nevada.. so the whole DCS WORLD is "not realistic". or should I say Not Accurate. SO What if we get a payload that is not accurate? so Other nations pilots can simulate Their version of the viper, even if its NOT the specific Block, model, we are getting...

Its hilarious to see how people asking to add "flexibility" to the sim are put down as "war criminals"... GEEZ

well the thread title is misleading, this is just another balance thread in disguise

It is just a request, but yes you're right, we should only make missions for the public to enjoy from 2007 and beyond. Anything else would be scandalous, screw enjoyment and making the most of the product. I'm so sorry I will now conform to type by inserting the customary stick up my ass.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

:thumbup:

Grrr, I tell you! :chair:

(This may or may not be entirely influenced by flying doughnuts around VIP offsets on autopilot while dispensing SDB:s all over the countryside in that other F-16 everyone will be comparing against.)

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

DCS: F-16C Block 50 and Other News

DCS: F-16C Update

As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.

As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine

AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar

AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver

AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods

CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update

ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology

Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)

BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs

2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder

AIM-120B/C AMRAAM

M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)

Link 16 Data Link

AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick

AGM-88C HARM

AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)

Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod

GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs

BRU-57/A Smart Rack

CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)

GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM

AGM-154/A and /B JSOW

AGM-158/A JASSM

Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF

ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

⁼ЅϮгаίϱϦϮеϗ цр, ϜІу ГϊϱϦϮ⁼

DCS: F-16C Block 50 and Other News

DCS: F-16C Update

As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.

As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine

AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar

AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver

AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods

CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update

ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology

Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)

BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs

2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder

AIM-120B/C AMRAAM

M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)

Link 16 Data Link

AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick

AGM-88C HARM

AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)

Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod

GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs

BRU-57/A Smart Rack

CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)

GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM

AGM-154/A and /B JSOW

AGM-158/A JASSM

Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF

ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

guess they forgot about Litening 2 ;)

Should add it so we get a EA Viper with a TGP kinda how ED has decided to give LPOD for the Hornet ( USMC only)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3800405&postcount=391

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Oceandar said:
Is it capable of carrying it without major avionic modifications ?

AFAIK, no. Not only programing for the Modular Mission Computer (MMC) and other components, but also wiring to the wing so the aircraft can talk to the missile. It addition, due to its weight, it can only be carried on station 3 and 7. Also, with the AIM-7 on those stations, I am not sure if you would have the physical clearance to carry any other weapons on station 4 and 6 without them hitting the AIM-7 fins if the weapons on station 4 or 6 where ejected or deployed.

The problem with this is no matter what ED decides to do, will be a case of damn if you do and damn if you don't. If they add it, someone is bound to "disagree" with it being available. That persons will have people that share the same opinion and they will all do thread after thread on how it should be removed. They same will happen if they don't add the AIM-7.

Sadly this will not end here. There is so much misinformation and confusion of what specifically an F-16 can do, there are going to be many thread like this for a while. Before and after it is release.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Also, where's the GBU-39? Grr… :P

GBU-39 where not introduce until OFP 5.1 or higher at around 2014 IIRC. No other module we have as of this moment is that new. Not the F/A-18, not the A-10C, not the AV-8B, etc.

I do not think it would be reasonable to see that.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

And again the super "Pure breads", crying FAULT when anyone has a reasonable request because its "not realistic"

Well DAM no A-10 ever flew in Georgia.., nor F 18s ever opperated in the Black Sea, nor ever was a conflict with Iran, to date, nor you have SU 27s in Nevada.. so the whole DCS WORLD is "not realistic". or should I say Not Accurate. SO What if we get a payload that is not accurate? so Other nations pilots can simulate Their version of the viper, even if its NOT the specific Block, model, we are getting...

Its hilarious to see how people asking to add "flexibility" to the sim are put down as "war criminals"... GEEZ

The aircraft/loadouts are realistic, how people use them may not be. Fictional scenarios are not in the same category as making up stuff about the aircraft themselves. It's not an 80's era aircraft. Pretty straightforward, it's the same era as the 10C and late F-18 we have, which, btw, DCS generally speaking is primarily set in the 2008 Georgian War. Other timeframes and maps are addons. The Caucasus, the core game, is 2008.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I can see why someone would want AIM-7's on an f-16 to coincide with an 80's weapons rules scenario... even if not 100% realistic.

Operationally in Desert Storm Vipers were only loaded with wingtip Sidewinders, and IIRC from 'Vipers in the Storm,' the air-to-air jockeys told the Viper drivers that there'd be trouble if they went for any air-to-air kills. Even in an 80s or 90s scenario I doubt Sparrows would have been used on the Viper.

Exactly, it you want a realistic 80/90s combat experience in an F16, fly it with Sidewinders only. Sparrows were very rarely used (if ever) as F16s role was not BVR combat.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro