NRAS and PC ODU options not working?

Nealius

Per today's update:

DCS AV-8B by RAZBAM

Fixed: NRAS Cannot be entered and does not display NRAS cue.

Fixed: Pitch Caret can not be changed on the ODU.

Upon selecting NRAS ODU button, no number is displayed in the UFC. Pressing a number and ENT does nothing.

Upon selecting PC ODU button, no number is displayed in the UFC. Pressing a number between 0 and 30 (per real AV-8B NFM-000) does not change the location of the pitch carets.

Is it working for anyone else? I was hoping to place the Pitch Carets at their proper position of 6° in the HUD :(

Edited by Nealius

Per today's update:

Upon selecting NRAS ODU button, no number is displayed in the UFC. Pressing a number and ENT does nothing.

Upon selecting PC ODU button, no number is displayed in the UFC. Pressing a number between 0 and 30 (per real AV-8B NFM-000) does not change the location of the pitch carets.

Is it working for anyone else? I was hoping to place the Pitch Carets at their proper position of 6° in the HUD :(

Confirmed. OB for me. Doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

So apart from...

*Fixed Helmet decal showing on the visor and oxygen mask of the pilot

...nothing has been fixed or added to the AV-8B !!

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Lets wait for the official response before you pull out your pitchforks and torches huh

There's always this ONE GUY.......LOL!

Personally, I've been running at HUD REJ2, less to worry about. "Use the force Luke." - Some old dusty dude.

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

The update was for Open Beta...

Are we telepahtically supposed to know which one you are on?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I specifically said "per today's (13FEB) update." Open Beta was the only branch that had an update that day. 1+1=2.

Yep - and NRAS and PC can still not be set on the ODU - neither on OB or Stable - so what where the mentioned fixes about ?

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

ED releases the build, not razbam, so something similar can and will sometimes happen...

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

Then better not release any changelog if they aren´t certain that the mentioned fixes are in - it only adds to the confusion.

How about hotfixes ? - now we need to wait another two weeks before seeing those meager updates being rolled out.

Edited by fjacobsen

ED releases the build, not razbam, so something similar can and will sometimes happen...

Looks like no one does any verification. ED does not verify what 3rd parties send against the changelog, and 3rd parties don't verify what ED puts in the public builds.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

1. Why doesn't ED confirm the builds they're releasing (remember that time they released an entirely wrong build)?

2. Why is Razbam only telling us they missed the deadline on their Discord instead of here or on their FB page where their customers would actually see it?

3. Patches release every (or almost every) Wednesday. Shouldn't Razbam be aware of those deadlines by now?

I did put in renewed hope that things would change when they hired =DECOY= to moderate this forum and post updates on progress.

But now it seems we are back at point zero, with little feedback from Razbam.

Please enlight us here in the official DCS support forum what´s going on.

Errors do happen, but here it seems too common to just be errors. It´s time for Razbam to show that they actually do care about their paying customers - EA or not, this has become a real farce.

Edited by fjacobsen

Well, to add the confusion, Decoy has just posted those items in the pinned updates topic with yesterday's date: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693

I don't think he saw this thread.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well, to add the confusion, Decoy has just posted those items in the pinned updates topic with yesterday's date: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693

I don't think he saw this thread.

I just PM'd him - if he recieves PM's.

Seriuosly - this tend to be amateurish to say the least - get Your acts together RAZBAM and start focus on what has been started - we actually paid real money for it !!

I just PM'd him - if he recieves PM's.

He does, but he can be slow replying.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I see with todays hotfix that NRAS and PC now can be set via the ODU.

But shouldn´t a PC setting of 14 not equal 6° on the pitch ladder ?

Right Now a setting of 14 equals 14° on the pitch ladder.

The PC is meant to ensure that You do not get past 15° AOA, thus the PC is set to 14°, but this equals this:

Setting PC to 14 will cause the PC indicator to be set to 6° on the pitch ladder. Keeping the Witch hat aligned with the PC and the Velocity vector on the 0° pitch ladder gives an AOA of 14°.

This is how I think it should work.

That's correct. The Pitch Caret datum is the Witch Hat, which is depressed 8 degrees (8 down on the pitch ladder). So, setting 14 degrees for the Pitch Carets should be 6 degrees on the pitch ladder.

(JTF-1) Yomo | 55th FS

JTF-1 Discord

Asus Prime Z370 MB // Intel i7 8086k @ 5GHz // 32GB DDR4 3200 // RTX 2080ti // Virpil FSSB3 Lighting, Cougar Throttle with USB mod, T-50 Base + Warthog HOTAS, custom collective // Thrustmaster TPR // Vipergear v2 ICP // 3xCougar MFDs // a bunch of DIY Button Boxes // Oculus Rift

The PC is meant to ensure that You do not get past 15° AOA, thus the PC is set to 14°, but this equals this:

Setting PC to 14 will cause the PC indicator to be set to 6° on the pitch ladder. Keeping the Witch hat aligned with the PC and the Velocity vector on the 0° pitch ladder gives an AOA of 14°.

I confirm that they work and that PC should equal 6 deg.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Yep, that's how it should work. The pilot inputs the desired AoA, as it were, and the Pitch Carets automatically move to the proper location to give that AoA.

If that’s the case guys, just input 6 until it gets fixed. Who knows how long that will take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer