Mudspike Preview (contains lots of screens and a few videos)

Strikeeagle345

Wow, that is quite a comprehensive preview.

I really dig that Mudspike is keeping it 'old school' with a good old write up and hi-res screenshots. Im almost gonna print it out on nice glossy paper, and enjoy the reading and fantastic visuals, with a nice cup of tea, in what little sun I would be able to find :thumbup:.

And god damn it Heatblur. Im going Owen Wilson over the visuals. One endless string of wow... wow.. oh wow.. wow. Heck, I even started this post with a wow. Damn it!!

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Wow, that is quite a comprehensive preview.

I really dig that Mudspike is keeping it 'old school' with a good old write up and hi-res screenshots. Im almost gonna print it out on nice glossy paper, and enjoy the reading and fantastic visuals, with a nice cup of tea, in what little sun I would be able to find.

Your comments are deeply appreciated. We (Mudspike) still want to be one of those old school, thoughtful sites that uses the old format of long form articles and some screens to provide information. I'm very much a "grab a cup of coffee and sit and read some stuff" in the morning kind of guy, and that is what we hope we provide. Thanks for the kind words.

BeachAV8R

This was a great read. Thank you.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

So far, this is my favorite early distro copy showcase. I have to say that I think Chuck has done more for me personally (and probably many of us) in terms of making DCS approachable to the casual user than anyone else.

I might be printing a nice copy of this and binding it. Can't decide if I want it in a kneeboard version or not.

Your comments are deeply appreciated. We (Mudspike) still want to be one of those old school, thoughtful sites that uses the old format of long form articles and some screens to provide information. I'm very much a "grab a cup of coffee and sit and read some stuff" in the morning kind of guy, and that is what we hope we provide. Thanks for the kind words.

BeachAV8R

Very much appreciated. This is my favorite format.

so f-14 chuck's guide is coming :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thank you Strikeeagle345!

A LOT of great features!

For instance regarding the immersion aspect:

..."During the aircraft start-up alone, you’ll hear plenty of switches being flicked and knobs being turned in the backseat."...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I think the wing physics video was one of the best to see not only the wing flex, but the wing shake/vibration effects. Not sure I've seen that in any other video to that degree yet. Nicely captured, and just wow. Does HB ever get tired of pushing the envelope?

Excellent, thanks! I will sit down with a coffee and read this later.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Heatblur has changed the game with this one...

You will see other developers make changes (hopefully) in an attempt to catch up.

Heatblur definitely have set the bar for DCS modules with the F-14. Something that will benefit all DCS users going forward. So much for the naysayers wailing from the sidelines about release dates.

I even go one step further and claim Heatblur is the measure of things right now. Both in terms of communicating with the DCS Comunity and with the current module, the F-14. Closely followed by ED. For that I like to spend my money.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Chuck has done good work for the community. This startup leaves out many of the mundane checks that were completed during startup, but realistically, I just can't see many owners going to the trouble to check bi directional hydraulic pumps, backup flight control modules and so forth.

Hopefully, you have a taste of what is coming, but the point of maximum fun is going to be the flight model itself. The aircraft is alive.

If you are pilot, you are going to love flying the F14. If you are a weapons system computer number crunching gadget freak, you are going to love being Jester.

Listen carefully- because the tasking is divided, both become far more enjoyable, and you will do each better.

The magic of a dual crewed aircraft beckons...

Viewpoints are my own.