HARM warm up time?

Backy 51

Okay, thanks. What is the delay between standby and ready status as I step through the stations then? Just flew a test mission with four red ground radars and all four HARMS were in standby. I did use Active Pause to run through your video fire sequence before unpausing to engage the radars. Setup was 22K and inside 20NM for the record.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I could tell, standby means ready but inactive, once you select the missile, it should take one out of standby and let you target

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

As far as I could tell, standby means ready but inactive, once you select the missile, it should take one out of standby and let you target

Thanks Nightwolf, I will see if I can replicate that behavior.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How realistic are off boresight shots and cold aspect shots like this one in the link I posted ?

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/y_x6wWQhHlojeT8BzuW7iGq0y33HmZ4uxJJZSmrpsh8/%3Fcid%3D73b8f7b15c3f5e6734736158637b3164/https/media2.giphy.com/media/C9xpJSxESaHvG1GG7p/giphy.mp4

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Correct

What I just observed in the test mission was that until the Fan Song painted me, the HARM on the selected station did not switch from standby to ready. As soon as I heard the Fan Song tone on the RWR, the HARM switched to ready and I then fired it. So there are some criteria that must be met before firing. Nonetheless, having HARMs for non-AI aircraft will be a great addition to mission building. Looking forward to the additional HARM modes and the eventual arrival of the non-AI Smart Pig.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait does this mean if you're in the beam of a friendly radar SAM as its targeting a nearby enemy the spike will trigger the HARM, leading to a potential TK on the SAM?

In my understanding no as long as the friendly SAMs engagement radar is not hard-locking on you. If it is locking on another aircraft your RWR will not go off.

Keep in mind the difference between being painted briefly by a search radar and being locked on by an engagement radar. There are different RWR indications and tones for each.

Edited by Hog_No32

In my understanding no as long as the friendly SAMs engagement radar is not hard-locking on you. If it is locking on another aircraft your RWR will not go off.

Keep in mind the difference between being painted briefly by a search radar and being locked on by an engagement radar. There are different RWR indications and tones for each.

I'm asking specifically because they do trigger your rwr as if you're being spiked, when an enemy is near.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wait does this mean if you're in the beam of a friendly radar SAM as its targeting a nearby enemy the spike will trigger the HARM, leading to a potential TK on the SAM?

You can select at which radar you want to fire your HARM at, just don't select your own radars. :D I didn't tried this yet, just testet against enemy radars.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

You can select at which radar you want to fire your HARM at, just don't select your own radars. :D I didn't tried this yet, just testet against enemy radars.
Well I know how not to kill friendly units. I'm thinking about the swaths of new players hopping on to our server, not reading the brief or not knowing the mission layout and having twitch reactions in the given scenario. The lack of consistent IFF behavior already gets airborne AI assets tk'd by F-18s. It's better than when there was zero IFF at least.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk