How to setup "USER THEME"

uboats

Hi All,

Since 2.5.4, I just noticed the "USER THEME" in wallpaper list.

After some investigation and test, I figured out how to install customized wallpaper, loading picture, and BGM.

1. Go to C:\users\<username>\saved games\dcs.xxx\missioneditor\

2. create a folder 'themes' if not exists

3. create a folder 'main' in 'themes', if not exists

4. create a folder 'ME' in 'main', if not exists

5. put your customized wallpaper picture into it (base-menu-window.png)

6. you can also put customized load picture (loading-window.png) in the same folder

7. for customized BGM: MainMenuLoop.ogg under Sounds\EditorMusic

Enjoy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thanks Uboats :thumbup:

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

After some investigation and test, I figured out how to install customized wallpaper, loading picture, and BGM.

Thanks a lot ... up to now I was using Roadrunner's Mod for this, but this seems much better. Best regards

Edit: Just tried it, works perfectly, thanks again :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great info!!

unfortunately I cannot activate the music. wherever I put it - its not working.

can someone post the exact full path that works please?

Wallpaper works great.

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

unfortunately I cannot activate the music. wherever I put it - its not working.

can someone post the exact full path that works please?

This worked for me:

for customized BGM: MainMenuLoop.ogg under Sounds\EditorMusic

I converted my MP3 into OGG on this web: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

This worked for me:

for customized BGM: MainMenuLoop.ogg under Sounds\EditorMusic

I converted my MP3 into OGG on this web: https://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-ogg

Not working for me still... the problem is the path...

The music should definitely work since it's ogg file that works as a mod.

Is the full path is still under saved game/dcs/missioneditor/themes/main/me/sounds.... or something else??

thank you

Callsign   SETUP

Yea the instructions aren't quite clear on the file path for the BGM.

Is it still in Saved Games or the root DCS directory? DCS seems to automatically create folders for 'Sounds/EditorMusic' under 'MissionEditor/themes/main' but placing the audio files in there doesn't seem to work for me.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I've them on this path:

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\themes\main\Sounds\EditorMusic

Ah, I think I see what the issue is, even if we put MainMenuLoop.ogg into that directory, DCS will still try to play MainMenuIn.ogg first, and if there isn't one present in the Saved Games directory, it'll go to default.

I just made a copy of the MainMenuLoop and renamed it to MainMenuIn and it works.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Ah, I think I see what the issue is, even if we put MainMenuLoop.ogg into that directory, DCS will still try to play MainMenuIn.ogg first, and if there isn't one present in the Saved Games directory, it'll go to default.

I just made a copy of the MainMenuLoop and renamed it to MainMenuIn and it works.

Good find! thank you :)

Callsign   SETUP

• 7 months later...
Hi All,

Enjoy

No cant get it to work. I put the file in the correct folder as png. Same resolution as the screen but still no joy.

Supreme leader

I do not have the "User Theme" option in the modules Icons on the initial opening screen. if this is the same for everyone then obviously you cannot select your own wallpaper.

The option is on Options -> Misc, looks like this:

FtcKDOf.jpg

As you can only have a single User Theme, I use a Mod Manager to switch amongst different custom User Themes:

nvlnh0I.jpg

The final result is like this, tough you cant hear the custom music that I put on this theme :)

Qffm99u.jpg

Cheers.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you uboats, works as suggested!

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

The option is on Options -> Misc, looks like this:

As you can only have a single User Theme, I use a Mod Manager to switch amongst different custom User Themes:

nvlnh0I.jpg

Hi Rudel chw.

I have been trying to put themes in using OvGME but can't seem to get the right file structure, could you give me some clues please? My DCS points to a My Games folder, not a Saved Games folder.

Much appreciated.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)