Give some love to the A-10....

ac5

I have searched trough the forum, and probably this comments exist already... but

I see that the WWII birds are getting a lot of love, which is fantastic, but what about the A-10?

The formation lights and also other lights are not working properly, the rain droplets do not appear on the canopy, etc....

Is an overhaul for this magnificent bird planned to bring it to the 2.5 / deferred shading standards?

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Updates to the A-10C and Ka-50 cockpits and externals are already in work.

!!!!

Maybe my standards are low, but I already find the hog pretty good looking as it is. But sure! I could get used to better :v:

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Any plans for better cockpit textures? I find the F/A-18c's switch labels and such quite easy to read in VR, while the A-10c still seems to be a blurry mess, even when I lean in. Specifically, the switches for the radios and steer points and such seem to just be hard to make out.

Wags, Thank you for the quick reply, and I suppose that those improvements will include

the raindrops and the formation lights?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Hey Wags, may you give me some tech about what you mean for "externals"?

Skins? Pave Penny? Antennas? NVIS lights?

Something under pylons, like new TER models...

Engines covers like the Hornet?

11712.jpg

Thanks in advance

Hey Wags, may you give me some tech about what you mean for "externals"?

Skins? Pave Penny? Antennas? NVIS lights?

Something under pylons, like new TER models...

Engines covers like the Hornet?

Would like to know as well, will it be a completely new 3d model or just an overhaul? New textures for PBR?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

!!!!

Maybe my standards are low, but I already find the hog pretty good looking as it is. But sure! I could get used to better :v:

your expactations and standarts are indeed pretty low, the A-10c lacks certain features and up to date textures...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Running up the Formation Lights should not change the illumination level in the cockpit.

And the nose light is not present, and the formation lights are not visible....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

your expactations and standarts are indeed pretty low, the A-10c lacks certain features and up to date textures...

Yep I started around the time when EGA was the hot new sh*t! My first computer had no hard drive and two 'floppies'.

So visually yes, I guess you can always do better. Raytracing was a thing even in the 1990's but it's only really today that you start to hear some talk about that tech coming to gamin _soon_ so still a long way to go towards visual realism.

On top of having low expectations, I'm also a cheap bastard and expect the graphics engine updates and community mods to keep the visuals interesting over time.

I was referring more to the 'simulation' side of things, I'm still a baby hog quite frankly but there is so much depth to the systems in the A10C I wonder how much better it can become?

But I like where you are taking me MemphisB, so I shall taunt the coding gods with yet another wishlist for the A10C:

- MFD's (and exports) that don't impact the framerate so much

- Shaking

- Wing flex

- Vapor

- less boring wingmen AI

- Nicer textures, yeah sure!

METEOP

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

But I like where you are taking me MemphisB, so I shall taunt the coding gods with yet another wishlist for the A10C:

- MFD's (and exports) that don't impact the framerate so much

- Shaking

- Wing flex

- Vapor

- less boring wingmen AI

- Nicer textures, yeah sure!

dont forget the Pilot Body :).

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

dont forget the Pilot Body :).

Good point.

I did not add it to my list though, for some reason it always felt weird to me to look at my 'virtual' self in-game so I wouldn't activate it.

I'm running a head tracker, I guess for VR it makes alot of sense to see your own avatar.

METEOP

In VR the pilot body adds an immense level of immersion.

Seriously, on numerous occasions I have moved my real arm or leg in order to reach a switch, thinking the pilots body will also move! It sounds stupid but it’s true. I’ve even tried to lean on the canopy sill of the Spitfire while leaning outside to taxi...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

In VR the pilot body adds an immense level of immersion.

Seriously, on numerous occasions I have moved my real arm or leg in order to reach a switch, thinking the pilots body will also move! It sounds stupid but it’s true. I’ve even tried to lean on the canopy sill of the Spitfire while leaning outside to taxi...

Oh boy, there you´re saying somethings...and it does absolutley not sound stupid...I was flying the Hornet today in VR and wanted to check whether a certain Button moves on the Throttle when I was giving input on my THW, but the (virtual) left leg covered the Throttle and thus I moved my leg to see the Throttle...boy, that was a strange feeling when realizing that you´re actuzally sitting on your own chair in your room hahaha

DCS-Tutorial-Collection