DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

This, the F-35 were restricted and their software was still at a crude level.

Ya know..It's funny. F-35 supporters are quick to point out when restrictions hurt their aircrafts performance...

But when the A-10 and F-35 had a CAS fly off...nobody said a word about the restrictions placed on the A-10s to make the f-35 look better...

Just Saying...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

How about.. this thread is for discussion of the DCS F-16 module... Just saying..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

How about, the A-10 can not survive in a contested air space without full air supremacy while the F-35 can? Just saying...

Just saying....

This guy knows what he is talking about, he designed the A-10, F-16 and many other top aircraft.

//Note: This Video is still on Topic since it shows an interview of a Legend and Design genius regarding

F-16, A-10, F-14 and many others.

OFFTOPIC

Full Documentary about the Runaway Fighter F-35 and why there is so much debate about it:

Additionaly a very good interview debate with Pierre Sprey vs. (ret.) Lt Col David 'Chip' Berke.

I mentioned this interview in a other post already.

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

How about.. this thread is for discussion of the DCS F-16 module... Just saying..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

+1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

As a reminder we have a discord group discussing the Viper for DCS.

There are daily conversations around this new module and other things Viper related..

Simple rules are:

1. Discussion on the release date should be kept to a minimum. Knowing DCS is working on this jet is enough for us.

2. Golden rule applies to all. Simply treat each other with respect, and we will do the same in kind.

3. There are F-16 pilots in this group. Please refrain from OPSEC questions or bothering these guys with PM’s. If you have a question regarding the Viper, feel free to post it and if they want to answer they will.

https://discord.gg/2uHsFX7

• ED Team

If anyone has some images of the right console of an F-16CM, we'd appreciate it. Particularly the bottom half that includes the O2, AV power, KY-58, etc. control heads.

Again, F-16CM that is updated to have the MIDS control knob on the AV power control head.

Thanks

If anyone has some images of the right console of an F-16CM, we'd appreciate it. Particularly the bottom half that includes the O2, AV power, KY-58, etc. control heads.

Again, F-16CM that is updated to have the MIDS control knob on the AV power control head.

Thanks

Okay, since i did not know about the exact words of Forum-Rule 1.16 my last Post on this matter was removed.

So i decided to send you a private message with all info i got and post those two diagrams here, that are made for Simulator Developers.

As far as i am informed this Schematics (The Cockpit Diagram Pictures) are from 2010 and one of the schematic states "current".

Those schematics are USAF arrangement btw. Should be confirmable by a Pilot in the DCS community who flew the F-16CM. Besides that, this Schematics are from Lockheed-Martin by request of the Simulator Cockpit Builder Group. Credits can be found on the Cockpit Diagrams below. I hope this helps and is not violating against Forum-Rule 1.16 since these are not pictures from actual military documents. You asked for Pictures and i try to do my part and help. :smilewink:

F-16C Block 50/52 Cockpit Diagram until 1996:

The F-16C Block 50/52 Cockpit Diagram "current"

I hope i was able to help. Looking forward to see my Falcon 4.0 & BMS Baby in DCS. :D :pilotfly:

kind regards, MKev

Edited by NineLine
1.16 removed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, since i did not know about the exact words of Forum-Rule 1.16 my last Post on this matter was removed.

So i decided to send you a private message with all info i got and post those two diagrams here, that are made for Simulator Developers.

As far as i am informed this Schematics (The Cockpit Diagram Pictures) are from 2010 and one of the schematic states "current".

Those schematics are USAF arrangement btw. Should be confirmable by a Pilot in the DCS community who flew the F-16CM. Besides that, this Schematics are from Lockheed-Martin by request of the Simulator Cockpit Builder Group. Credits can be found on the Cockpit Diagrams below. I hope this helps and is not violating against Forum-Rule 1.16 since these are not pictures from actual military documents. You asked for Pictures and i try to do my part and help. :smilewink:

I hope i was able to help. Looking forward to see my Falcon 4.0 & BMS Baby in DCS. :D :pilotfly:

kind regards, MKev

They are not accurate. Avionics panel is in the wrong position, the HSI is wrong, voice inhibit, external lights, IFF panels...in short, not accurate.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

ED Please see this :)

They are not accurate. Avionics panel is in the wrong position, the HSI is wrong, voice inhibit, external lights, IFF panels...in short, not accurate.

Hi MVSGAS,

Well as far I'm aware it looks to me as correct position of avionics, now one thing is for sure in the video link below is an Block 30 F-16C deployed in Iraq and man team is preforming ops check engine run startup, now I'm not 100% sure if in the Block 50/52 the position of avionics changed or remained same due the upgrades, now I'm sure if you look in to videos or photos you can easy find that out. :book:

Now long time no post anything in regards of I want to say BIG Thanks to Eagle Dynamics for this amazing and unique possibility for us to be able experience fully this iconic unique Combat Aircraft's! This is F-16C/A/B Mid-Life update (MLU) and D version of dabble seat is my dream Fighter Jet best ever and I know someone can say this is old and now new tech new systems like ( F22's F35's and Russians Sukoi and Mig35's) all those are new but this one YES OLD BUT GOLD!! A WORKING HORSE OF USAF!!

I Only would make one suggestion and is something I would love to see is skins in realise product a FAP(Portuguese Air Force) two squadrons the 301 Jaguar's, and the 201 Falcons, and once more Yes I know we in Portugal operate the MLU ver. of A/B but still would be nice to see my country being represented.

And of course the big one is the version D/B I would love to see this and also to be avalible for multi crew operations!!!!

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THIS ED ?? :cry: :music_whistling:

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

Hi MVSGAS,

Well as far I'm aware it looks to me as correct position of avionics, now one thing is for sure in the video link below is an Block 30 F-16C deployed in Iraq and man team is preforming ops check engine run startup, now I'm not 100% sure if in the Block 50/52 the position of avionics changed or remained same due the upgrades, now I'm sure if you look in to videos or photos you can easy find that out. :book:

Video:

Now long time no post anything in regards of I want to say BIG Thanks to Eagle Dynamics for this amazing and unique possibility for us to be able experience fully this iconic unique Combat Aircraft's! This is F-16C/A/B Mid-Life update (MLU) and D version of dabble seat is my dream Fighter Jet best ever and I know someone can say this is old and now new tech new systems like ( F22's F35's and Russians Sukoi and Mig35's) all those are new but this one YES OLD BUT GOLD!! A WORKING HORSE OF USAF!!

I Only would make one suggestion and is something I would love to see is skins in realise product a FAP(Portuguese Air Force) two squadrons the 301 Jaguar's, and the 201 Falcons, and once more Yes I know we in Portugal operate the MLU ver. of A/B but still would be nice to see my country being represented.

And of course the big one is the version D/B I would love to see this and also to be avalible for multi crew operations!!!!

PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THIS ED ?? :cry: :music_whistling:

Yes, block 30 cockpit is different than block 50. Panels are in different positions, different panels (exterior lighting, flight control, HSI, IFF, KY-58, Oxygen panel, Avionic Power, CMDS, Radios, etc). Not only panels change by block, they also change over time and from country to country.

As for the other stuff

For discussions of what ED is doing, its best to stick with what they are modelling, all other variants, exports, etc don't matter.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3799781&postcount=183

The problems would be for people to understand what they are getting if the modeled a specific F-16 from "X" country at "Y" time period.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Umm, I'm pretty sure MVSGAS knows far more about the Vipers than damn near anyone else in here. You might want to go back through his posting-history before you call him a troll.

Just sayin'

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

• ED Team
Umm, I'm pretty sure MVSGAS knows far more about the Vipers than damn near anyone else in here. You might want to go back through his posting-history before you call him a troll.

Just sayin'

Indeed. MVSGAS is the man on this and helped find what we needed.

Thanks

Just sayin'

I did not mean to attack anybody here just to clarify my standpoint. If it is true what MVSGAS is saying, every other company made a bad job and released fraud. Thats the conclusion i get. Does Diagrams are used in almost every Sim i know and loved for years. Just sayin'.

Besides that, i just tried to help as a community member with the tools i have. If i start to read into years long history of everyone here that claims something, would make me busy reading for a decade. If MVSGAS would have explained in his post that he has knowledge because he is/was ground operator or pilot or in some other way related to Vipers, i would have replied differently. But like i said, i would not be able to reply at all if i read up the history about everybody i want to reply or quote.

Thanks

Nice to hear. Can't wait to see what the Module has to offer when its done.

kind regards, MKev

Update: After reading this topic i found out what the difference is. The Panel sits on the inside not outside like seen in the diagramm. A lil but for accuracy in design huge difference. Too bad i had to search forum to find that out. Would have spared me all night searching. :D

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did not mean to attack anybody here just to clarify my standpoint. If it is true what MVSGAS is saying, every other company made a bad job and released fraud. Thats the conclusion i get. Does Diagrams are used in almost every Sim i know and loved for years. Just sayin'.

Besides that, i just tried to help as a community member with the tools i have. If i start to read into years long history of everyone here that claims something, would make me busy reading for a decade. If MVSGAS would have explained in his post that he has knowledge because he is/was ground operator or pilot or in some other way related to Vipers, i would have replied differently. But like i said, i would not be able to reply at all if i read up the history about everybody i want to reply or quote.

What you have to realize is that many of us are still bound by oaths of secrecy about what we've learned through our military service. There's things about the RNorAF Vipers that I'm STILL not allowed to discuss, even though it's 19 years since I left the service, and despite our jets being 40 years old. Thus when someone say something on these forums, it's better to do a little research instead of calling someone a troll.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Umm, I'm pretty sure MVSGAS knows far more about the Vipers than damn near anyone else in here.

You work on the F-16 as well and you know as much as I do but thank you

Thanks

Thank you and ED, I am so looking forward for this

every other company made a bad job and released fraud.

Is not that they are release "fraud", is just the F-16 updates a lot and different countries updates at different rates with different equipment. So if you have a USAF block 50 photo circa 2005 and a video circa 2007 there are going to be differences.

Trying to think of an analogy...

Give over 20 people a car, 10 years later offer to those same people to update that car for x amount or a new one for x + Y amount. At 20 and 30 years do the same. 40 years later, do you think those cars will look the same?

As for my background

http://www.f-16.net/crewchiefs-profile586.html

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I come from Falcon 4.0 and BMS. Since my favourite childhood movie Iron Eagle I'm in Love with this aircraft. The F-16 ist the best Multirole Fighter in the world up to this day

Same here bro :) the F-16 is one of the toughest fighters in the world, I can't wait to see it in dcs

Th Falcon,

Come on man, we are going to loose the thread over opinions base on internet gathered info. This thread is about F-16 module, not F-35 personal opinion which is what we all have unless you fly them or work on them.

To whom it may concern,

Mkev,

We ( as in the community) had all these F-16 conversation about version and such.

Look here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160730

Lets leave this thread for the DCS module

To whom it may concern,

Trying to think of an analogy...

Give over 20 people a car, 10 years later offer to those same people to update that car for x amount or a new one for x + Y amount. At 20 and 30 years do the same. 40 years later, do you think those cars will look the same?

As for my background

http://www.f-16.net/crewchiefs-profile586.html

Mkev,

We ( as in the community) had all these F-16 conversation about version and such.

Look here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160730

Lets leave this thread for the DCS module

Sir i'm sorry, i did not mean to offend you. Was just shocked after your statement that this and that is not correct on the diagramms and cockpits we learned to know and love without deeper explanation. :cry::joystick:

And yes, we should keep this thread for the DCS module. :thumbup:

What you have to realize is that many of us are still bound by oaths of secrecy about what we've learned through our military service. There's things about the RNorAF Vipers that I'm STILL not allowed to discuss, even though it's 19 years since I left the service, and despite our jets being 40 years old. Thus when someone say something on these forums, it's better to do a little research instead of calling someone a troll.

I understand. Does secrecy include information about cockpit alignment and schematics? You may hit me on PN for the answer to keep this thread for the module and not for such side questions.

kind regards, mkev

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]