Jester Navigation Entry

Strikeeagle345

Awesome stuff! Thanks for the link!

Getting lost with Jester in the RIO seat will be next to impossible :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Wow that looks awesome!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Look at the quality of that part of the cockpit. Can hardly tell if that is a sim or real aircraft covkpit.

Outstanding.

Looking forward to more of these video.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That's awesome! What would be great is having the option for a flight lead to be able to share the same waypoints with the rest of the aircraft in their division.

Well, the map marker is global, so every F-14 pilot on the server can tell his RIO to create a waypoint on such a map marker.

Edit: I'm speaking about multiplayer here.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, the map marker is global for all, so every F-14 pilot on the server can tell his RIO to create a waypoint on such a map marker.

Edit: I'm speaking about multiplayer here.

And HB is the developer that’s opted to support custom data cartridges, so via ComatFlite everyone can head up with the same WP info loaded.

In combination with the F10 MP WP creation and data link, flights should all be on the same page. Really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

afaik, in the Viggen the Marks you create only work for you.

They do? I thought they work for everyone...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

afaik, in the Viggen the Marks you create only work for you.

That is false. I've flown several sorties with a flight of 4 Viggens, where all four of us loaded the F10 markpoints created by the lead. If you can see the markpoint on the F10, you can load it. It doesn't matter who put it there.

And HB is the developer that’s opted to support custom data cartridges, so via ComatFlite everyone can head up with the same WP info loaded.

In combination with the F10 MP WP creation and data link, flights should all be on the same page. Really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never realized this...that's awesome!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Looks nice.

But his data entry is too slow. Like, heater isn't pushing one button and putting his hand back on his knee every time. It shouldn't take you much longer than topping the same sequence on a calculator.

Like, jester does this for a living. He's going to be proficient in what he does

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Looks nice.

But his data entry is too slow. Like, heater isn't pushing one button and putting his hand back on his knee every time. It shouldn't take you much longer than topping the same sequence on a calculator.

Like, jester does this for a living. He's going to be proficient in what he does

Ever seen a real pilot making a position entry for JTAC coordinates? They take their time, it isn't crucial to need some seconds more but a wrong position will kill friendlies.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ever seen a real pilot making a position entry for JTAC coordinates? They take their time, it isn't crucial to need some seconds more but a wrong position will kill friendlies.
Yes. I have done it myself. You don't "take your time" seconds are crucial. Seconds are more bullets downrange at friendlies. Seconds are less gas and less time on station. You are proficient at what you do, and do so without untimely delay.

Again grab a calculator and type the same sequence. It shouldn't take so long.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Could be faster. I enter flight plans of like 5 waypoints in the Viggen while it's being refueled including a crosscheck of heading and distance from the initial point - given I have the data written down already and no need to fetch them from the map dealwithit.png

But don't forget this is still WIP and maybe he enters them at different speeds depending on stress level, maybe even with some error probability that he has to notice and correct when done in a hurry fsgrin.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yes. I have done it myself. You don't "take your time" seconds are crucial. Seconds are more bullets downrange at friendlies. Seconds are less gas and less time on station. You are proficient at what you do, and do so without untimely delay.

Again grab a calculator and type the same sequence. It shouldn't take so long.

But then you'll have people complaining Jester is too good, and the F-14 should be banned from servers when not dual fielded by a RIO-driver pair :(

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

But then you'll have people complaining Jester is too good, and the F-14 should be banned from servers when not dual fielded by a RIO-driver pair :(

If there's one thing I've learned about people during my time here on planet Earth, it's that there will always be someone who will complain about anything whether it's rational or not. If it isn't this, it will be something else.

I agree with Shadow on this one. If JESTER is meant to mimic a real F-14 backseater, then he should perform as close to an actual RIO as Heatblur can program him.

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.