"oh what's that HARM doing there..."

ChuckJäger

Niiiice Wags... lol.

I'm calling it, next update will make a looooot of people happy.... so many trolls in this video (well, 2 by my count):megalol:

Edited by ChuckJäger

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I caught the HARM troll, but what was the second one? :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

How is it a troll?

trolling to me is a fishing technique by baiting. In this case the HARM is the bait and we are the fish getting caught up in the net! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

To troll has a specific definition with regard to online behavior.

/trōl/

verb

gerund or present participle: trolling

INFORMAL

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

He simply made a video with whatever dev build they're on, as he always does. That's not trolling.

It was a light-hearted statement..... it wasn't meant to be an insult.

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

I wasn't insulted, just schooling you on the fact that every word already has a meaning and you should know them before you use them, Carry on.

Really Trev?? May I recommend this? :Dab-buds.png?w=750

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

To troll has a specific definition with regard to online behavior.

/trōl/

verb

gerund or present participle: trolling

INFORMAL

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

He simply made a video with whatever dev build they're on, as he always does. That's not trolling.

It seems Trev is part of the new online generation that has redefined the English language :D

I worked on fishing boats in my youth and we trolled for Barracouta to put in our rock lobster traps.

Trolling to us was a painted piece of dowel with a hook screwed to it tied to a cord and trailing behind the boat about 10 meters. Fish would see the lure and chase after it.

Watching Wags video I did feel like I wanted to swim faster to catch up to that F-14!

I love keyboard commandos. They really just bring the whole group together in such a positive and informative way. Looking at Trev’s post history- he’s always on top of the keys. Always there to make sure to comment on other people’s posts in a way that truly shows his stellar character while, at the same time adding almost nothing to the topic at hand or helping his fellow DCS’ers. What a guy. You keep up the great work, little buddy.

Wags, truly- I meant absolutely no disrespect with regard to troll comment.

USN OEF OIF Veteran

You can 'ignore' Trev, I finally had to, his posts add nothing of value and stand only to aggressively put others down.

Agreed, and I did the same recently - not that he ever did anything to me, I just got fed up seeing his attitude everywhere.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Wags is Fishing..... for a response would be the way I would put it...

You very much snagged Trev in this thread tho...:)

It seems Trev is part of the new online generation that has redefined the English language biggrin.gif

I worked on fishing boats in my youth and we trolled for Barracouta to put in our rock lobster traps.

Trolling to us was a painted piece of dowel with a hook screwed to it tied to a cord and trailing behind the boat about 10 meters. Fish would see the lure and chase after it.

Watching Wags video I did feel like I wanted to swim faster to catch up to that F-14!

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Well unless the President's English is different

Troll is a mythical creature, I believe it's origins are in Scandinavian folklore. When used in an online environment it has a different, more specific, meaning as already alluded too.

Trawling is a method used to catch fish by dragging a baited line (or net) behind a slow moving vessel

As far as Wag's comment I am at a complete loss to it's meaning so this is one fish that's too thick to even see the bait let alone take it