SFX100 DIY Motion sim - Programmer needed!

Wmacky

• 1 month later...

Yes there has been some movement. It seems one of the SFX builders has now completed the DCS plug-in, so as far as I can tell it's ready to go!

I have not completed my SFX build yet to give it a try, but he seems happy with it. I'm hoping for Xplane next.

It sure would be nice if some other from this forum would jump in. I'm the odd man out. as the rest of the builders are mostly racers.

Edited by Wmacky

I've just started 3d printing the parts. I'm also a racer but am interested in using the sim for DCS. I'm also going to set up a belt tensioner to simulate G's.

Although probably not the best motion sim for flight sims, I think this type of motion would be excellent for cat launches, ordnance drops, landing/take offs etc. Also that shake the F14 gets when pulling some G will feel awesome in this sim!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I dont know weight limits. I think mine is around 200 kg. You find more Information about building on https://github.com/SimFeedback/SimFeedback-AC-Servo/wiki. There are threads where the founders will answer questions. It started as a car project and i only invested some time in the dcs plugin because i like flying.

In the building video on github there is someone standing on the top of one actuator while the driver is not sensing this. So normally the weight of a rig should not be a problem.:)

Thanks Roller25 ,

ok first jets: it feels with jets as good as with props. I fly the sabre sometimes and I enjoy it. Of course you dont feel the engine as in props but you have a lot more heave motion because you are flying faster and pull and push more gs. Therefore I copy the prop-profile and adapt the heave sensitivity.

Wmacky, the plugin works good.

Its not finished yet, but in the discord you can download my 5th version (and the older versions too ) which I like most.

You can adapt of course heave, sway, surge, pitch and rollvelocity to your likings.

I exported rollvelocity instead of roll because if you go vertcal roll produces unwanted motion. It works realy good with rollvelocity. Yaw makes no sense at the moment. You coud use it but it is depending on the absolute direction. So I dont use it in my profile.

Unfortunately we can count all sfx 100 flying interested people by one hand. In the discord I know only one more who is interested in flying dcs. And I have not much experience with motion simulators. What I can say is that for cars it is very very good.

And for my flying it is very good too. But motion is very individual and I cant compare it with other systems. So the following is really only my opinion and not more:

- in flying even more than in cars its important to have a 6-point-harness which makes all motions more impressive. This must be mounted to the floor and i added one more belt for sway. With this setup you feel the smallest motions of the plane.

When you pull on the stick you feel the harness getting loose if you push the stick you think you jump through the glass above you. In knife edge flight and all slipp figures you feel the belt pressing in your side.

When you use the air brake in the sabre it rumbles and you hang in the harness.

If you go on the back you feel it by the harness.

Making a turn in the p51 it starts to shake on the point where you reduce power. The same while tumbling.

On landings you feel it was good or you touched down left or right first or you descendrate was a bit too high....

rolling to the start is a pleasure too you feel like in knive edge when you are turning too fast.

I cannot fly anymore without motion. I use the gametrix jetseat for higher vibrations too. Bassshakers could even be better - I dont know.

One real pilot was very impressed with my system. Others were impreesed too, but are not real pilots.:smilewink:

Hope to see you in the virtual air....

Doesnt hurt! But i am not a programmer. So i am very slow and have not the time to do that. But in the flight sim community are some programmers and the more users the greater the chance to get more plugins. The actuators can only move according to the information the underlying flight model delivers and i think the model of dcs is the best of all sims.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No, don't have flight sim videos at the moment. Movements are slow and you feel more the different pressure than you see it. But it feels very impressive. First i used to much rubber bands so that when i was pulling a lot of gs i got so much pressure from the side that i did not sink in the bottom paddles. But now its fine and i can take small breaths while pulling high gs :-)