THE SERPENTS HEAD F18C CAMPAIGN

Badger633

The Serpents Head is a Six mission F18C Campaign. It starts in Nevada and ends in the Caucasus region, so both maps are required. (I will be issuing a version just in the Caucasus map area shortly)

The campaign is story line based and follows the progress of “Ford” (yourself) and his involvement in a new conflict in the Caucasus Region. As in 2008 this is once again in the beleaguered area of Ossetia and Gori.

This conflict is gathering pace at an alarming rate such that the West have sent in a multinational force to the Black Sea in the form of some ground forces but primarily a naval fleet with the USS John C Stennis at its heart.

We join “Ford” during his last flight over Nevada, before his unit leaves at first light in the morning for the Black Sea and the Stennis.

The campaign missions have been created with resources in mind to help VR users, like myself.

The campaign is fully voiced.

It has taken a long time to put together, so I hope you enjoy.

To successfully play the Campaign through you will need to be familiar with:

1. The use of the 9-line communication system and in particular its use with JTACs when they are lasing for you.

2. Use of the Gun, AIM9X air to air missile, delivery of Mark 83 bombs and AMG65 E laser guided missiles.

3. Use of radio, although most radio messages are trigger based. I have had to introduce radio use to operate runway lights etc in some instances.

4. Landing on the Stennis in various conditions including night time approach.

5. Use of Tacan and ICLS landing system

Everything else is covered in the briefs.

You can get the campaign with the following link : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302729/

I also attach the mission briefs

DOCS_THE SERPENTS HEAD MISSION BRIEF ( Nevada, Caucasus).pdf

1822439277_Title2.thumb.jpg.d4cc3f73fc00e644cfc3e83e64b7ea7a.jpg

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thanks Glyn for your hard work!

Can’t wait to try it out...

Corsair 600T - Intel i7 2600k - Asus Geforce GTX1660 Super - 4 x 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Ram - Asus P8P67 revB3 - Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog #11615

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300

love the missions you are doing awesome things for us, thanks

how do i turn off or reduce the labels? at times the can become overbearing

Hi nopotential,

You should be able to hit left shift + F10 to turn off labels when in mission.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Glad you are all enjoying the campaign. That's the whole point of doing them.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thanks a lot for sharing, will fly it when I'm proficient enough on the Hornet :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for all your kind comments. If you could put them on the user file comments for the campaign it would help get the campaign out there. I would like to share with as many as possible.

• 1 month later...

First of all thanks for AWESOME work!

I have one question regarding mission 5 (Bomb the Blocks).

I approach with CCIP mode on the target, I hit directly in the center of the building and I've noticed that only building is being destroyed and soldier and 3 truck are intact. I also notice that the successful bombing (voice message) is trigger by dead of soldier (am I correct?).

I couldn't do this (kill all road block with voice confirmation) without reengage with another bomb or guns.

What I'm doing wrong? Any suggestion?

Edited by Bloody

You should be able to kill the road block with a well placed bomb? Had no problems reported so far and I have run it through many times myself.

You are correct the success mission is via a soldiers death. I have had difficulty getting buildings to trigger the success message and so use a soldier within the building who will die when the building explodes.

Hope you get through it best of luck.

I found that the problem was connected with new DUD logic. I simply was too low on release and bombs doesn't explode :)

I had the same problem. It’s tough to stay under 10K and still roll in with enough time to drop before the break x cue!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you are referring to the Black Sea only Campaign mission 2. If that is the case you should be talking to the Stennis on the way back as per the verbal instructions and accompanying brief notes. This will ensure the lights are on. This is explained in the brief.

Hey Glyn,

Well done on this campaign mate. The scope is fantastic and the voice acting is superb. Everything thing runs silky smooth.

My problem is my poor skills/technique. I just can't get past those SA8s ingressing into Gori. I fly very low, fast, jink a little, dump flares, but they still get me. Do you have any tips?

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

You should be able to contact Stennis when things are dark and you are asked to within the mission.

Hey Glyn,

Well done on this campaign mate. The scope is fantastic and the voice acting is superb. Everything thing runs silky smooth.

My problem is my poor skills/technique. I just can't get past those SA8s ingressing into Gori. I fly very low, fast, jink a little, dump flares, but they still get me. Do you have any tips?

Cheers!

load up 2 harm agm88s its not cheating if it works

Hey Glyn,

Cheers!

You can notch them to the right and be a fair bit off course as you pass them, just make sure to be back on course as you approach the waypoint. I was able to notch around them and remain out of their range and still get back on course in time.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2