Virtual Hands wit Oculus Touch

Shack

So I thought I would break out my Oculus touch controllers to give me "Virtual Hands" in the cockpit, and although the hands are there and look good, I find it cumbersome to hold onto the controllers while also manipulating the HOTAS.

Id like to see a pair of actual VR gloves that can be worn to work with Oculus that would provide the same functionality.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I thought I would break out my Oculus touch controllers to give me "Virtual Hands" in the cockpit, and although the hands are there and look good, I find it cumbersome to hold onto the controllers while also manipulating the HOTAS.

Id like to see a pair of actual VR gloves that can be worn to work with Oculus that would provide the same functionality.

The Touch controllers are amazing, but they pretty much handicap you in every game you use them in. I'm with you on this. I'd like to see gloves as well, with thin material and nothing covering your fingertips so you can still easily manipulate HOTAS controls without sacrificing your sense of touch. There are several threads on here where some dedicated DCS VR users are working on developing something that does exactly that.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

The Touch controllers are amazing, but they pretty much handicap you in every game you use them in. I'm with you on this. I'd like to see gloves as well, with thin material and nothing covering your fingertips so you can still easily manipulate HOTAS controls without sacrificing your sense of touch. There are several threads on here where some dedicated DCS VR users are working on developing something that does exactly that.

At one time Oculus was teasing with the glove technology they were working on.

Not sure if this is still on the table or what.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/oculus-vr-gloves-patents/

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wow! That's even better if they can do it. I like the idea of tactile feedback.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

That would be superb. There's definitely a market for such a product.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]