"End Mission" Button - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
stuartaston

Default "End Mission" Button

When I bring up the "score" menu, the "end mission" button, does not seem to have any effect, I press the button it depresses, but i'm left in the score window the mission does not end... the only way I have to exit a mission seems to be to quit from the "esc" menu? is that correct/expected behaviour?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei5-6600K @ 4.60 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + TFRP, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My DCS VR Settings Use the DCS Shaders VR MOD for extra perf Make sure you read the first 914th and 939th posts for current version workarounds. FPS Bump in VR
stuartaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
TynMahn

I too have encountered this problem, and recently.

I have, on at least 3 occasions, ran into long standing mostly minor but, mostly really frustrating issues, like this, that have been around in this sim for months, even years before they are addressed, if ever.

The other two issues that I can think of off of the top of my head right now persisted for YEARS before they were finally resolved. Not only did they persist for years, they were never even really acknowledged by the developer. Nothing was said, by the developer, about them knowing about and looking into the problem and no help or temporary solution was offered to alleviate the enjoyment killing experience caused by the issue.

It seems, from the fact that this post has languished with no reply since November 2018, (a full year prior to my encountering the same issue) that this is yet another example.
TynMahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:53 PM   #3
rob10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TynMahn View Post
I too have encountered this problem, and recently.

I have, on at least 3 occasions, ran into long standing mostly minor but, mostly really frustrating issues, like this, that have been around in this sim for months, even years before they are addressed, if ever.

It seems, from the fact that this post has languished with no reply since November 2018, (a full year prior to my encountering the same issue) that this is yet another example.

In the case of this issue, while I can understand how it it would be frustrating for you, the fact that it has had no replies until now also suggests it is a random and not very common issue which might explain why it hasn't had much attention from ED. Yes, we'd all like zero bugs (big or small), but reality is that something like this may only affect a small number of users with a very specific hardware combination or combination of other software on their computer or who knows why. If a bunch of other people respond that they've had the issue (and it seems like something that people would report), maybe it'll get looked at.
rob10 is offline   Reply With Quote