Head position not right for me using trackir5

Hi Guys

Sorry for all of the questions - ive finally got the track ir5 up and running with the su25T, but im finding the head position a strange on and cant quite see the top of the hud unless i hunker down in what is an unnatural position

Is there a way if fixing this so I can bring the center point slightly down and forward

cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First turn on snap view

attachment.php?attachmentid=184818&stc=1&d=1526704962

Pause Tir in game

1. Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.
  2. Adjust your view to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!. If you have TrackIR, you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!
  3. Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.

Num5 to reset your view

Note: You can also save a new default zoom view when doing this too (Num / and *) Then save as per above.

Note: Also you need to bind a Tir recenter button, found in the Tir app. You need this to reset Tir every now and again.

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views#Customising_the_Default_View

How to move your position when paused

attachment.php?attachmentid=184820&stc=1&d=1526706240

Also see how to make different snap view positions for monitor or VR here.

Edited by David OC
  • Like 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

First turn on snap view ...

Nice summary .. I saved it on my Favorites/DCS Tips :D

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

thats great thanks very much how do i get the trackir screen to come up in game

DCS in Windowed mode (not really needed but makes it easy).

TrackIR in Windowed mode and resized.

Start TrackIR and put the resized screen where you want it.

Start DCS and get yourself into a cockpit.

Alt-tab to TrackIR and voilà... (just don't click into the DCS window to prevent it from putting itself on front again, only click inside the TrackIR screen).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Don't underestimate the importance of setting this up correctly. You should keep multiple configurations and play with the settings often as small changes can make a big difference.

Have to agree been spending ages to make it feel right :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]