Connecting Realsimgear GNS430 to DCS NS430

BaD CrC

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Would you be willing to share your arduino code? I haven't a clue how to set this up, and DCS-BIOS doesn't seem to have presets for the NS430.:helpsmilie::pilotfly::joystick:

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

Actually, I found just after posting the video how to directly export the display without having to use another software like Ultramon.

Credits to [FSF]Ian for his post on how to export instruments.

Mod file attached.

For some reason this isn't working for me. I've selected it in the settings and rebooted, but I can't get the thing to show anywhere. I have two 1080p monitors side by side, with DCS on the right one, then I have the 530 set to be to the right of the DCS monitor, with the upper right corner of the DCS monitor next to the upper left corner of the 530. using the native resolution of the 530 which is 1280x720.

Any advice?

Thanks! T

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

For some reason this isn't working for me. I've selected it in the settings and rebooted, but I can't get the thing to show anywhere. I have two 1080p monitors side by side, with DCS on the right one, then I have the 530 set to be to the right of the DCS monitor, with the upper right corner of the DCS monitor next to the upper left corner of the 530. using the native resolution of the 530 which is 1280x720.

Any advice?

Thanks! T

Got it worked out. It ended up being that I had to set my total screen resolution in game to wide enough to fit the 530.

T

• 1 month later...

A full tutorial is now up on Hoggit. It's working for me. Looks like the DCSFlightPanels fork of DCS-BIOS (https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios) has the NS430 integrated based on the above work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/bod57j/dummys_guide_to_the_realsimgear_gns530_and/

T

• 7 months later...

pretty neat, tho the hardware is a bit too pricey for something only usable in mi8 & l39 at the moment (and foreseeable future) for us vr pilots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Im sure it works fine for you, but i mentioned for us vr pilots- the 3d asset is only usable in two acft for some reason, and popup window doesn't work in vr, which is fine-i really wouldn't want it to

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old topic, but quick question. I see that (disappointingly) the pop-up doesn't work in VR. But does the export to a 2nd screen work if you're in VR? I.E. If Bad CrC was to use this realsimgear thing while in VR, would it export proplery?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...