Persian Gulf - Static Templates

Eight Ball

Not sure where to put this, it would be nice to have a dedicated section for these, similar to the one we have for the liveries.

- Iranian Airbases by Rudel chw (Bandar Abbas, Shiraz Intl. Airport, Kerman Airport, Bandar Lengeh, Lar Airbase, Havadarya,Qeshm Island) DOWNLOAD

Required Mods: VPC Airfield Equipmentssadjad-vosoul's Iranian Liveries

See also: Random Air Traffic Template to complement this scenery (by Rudel chw)

For more pics see 2nd post below

xyt2zLl.jpg

1o1J51w.jpg

- Oil Rigs And Gas Platforms (Iran) DOWNLOAD

GnbPbew.jpg

- Oil Rigs And Gas Platforms (UAE) DOWNLOAD

xQyxE20.png

- Oil Rigs And Gas Platforms + Upuaut's Helipads (UAE) DOWNLOAD

Required Mods: Upuaut's Helipads

9tAil04.png

- Power Plants and Weapon Factory DOWNLOAD

cMWtMzg.jpg

3SIBpLA.jpg

- United Nations Refugee Camp DOWNLOAD

Required Mods: VPC Airfield EquipmentsUpuaut's TentsRanger79's Mod PackEight Ball's UN Vehicles PackEight Ball's Land Rover UN Livery

6PKY2n2.png

- United Nations Refugee Camp + Crowd DOWNLOAD

Required Mods: VPC Airfield EquipmentsUpuaut's TentsRanger79's Mod PackEight Ball's UN Vehicles PackEight Ball's Land Rover UN LiveryGrinneliDesign Airshow Scenery

EWcao5q.png

Edited by Eight Ball

Thanks for sharing, very nice ... Static Templates are such a useful means of organizing assets, adding them to new missions as needed.

I've made a few for adding scenery & air defense to Iran's airbases, plus RAT red traffic on Iran .. but there are still a few left to do .. when complete I will add them here :)

Best regards

Edit:

Hello, As promised, here is a set of Templates for the Airbases of Iran, that use the excellent VPC Airfield scenery Mod (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180469) and the outstanding Iranian liveries made by @sadjad-vosoul and packed by @Gizmodo (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216906), both of whom have kindly gave me permission to include the liveries here so you dont have to go looking for them.

I've divided the download on three parts, in case you already have the skins and the VPC Mod:

Static Templates

Iranian aircraft liveries

VPC Arifield Scenery Mod

To install simply uncompress on your Saved Games/DCS folder .. the templates will go on a /StaticTemplates, the liveries on /Liveries and the Mod on /Mod/tech

Here are some images taken at these Airbases:

dMqcWHV.jpg

xyt2zLl.jpg

z1evzcv.jpg

wA0oKAw.jpg

8HhQtPY.jpg

1o1J51w.jpg

fxDtWNJ.jpg

LmaTLx1.jpg

YyjrTfr.jpg

The Templates included on the pack are:

• Bandar Abbas
  • Shiraz Intl. Airport
  • Kerman Airport
  • Bandar Lengeh
  • Lar Airbase
  • Havadarya
  • Qeshm Island

I've also edited a Template for having random Iranian air traffic, but will put that on another Post :)

Edit: These Templates are meant to be used with Iran set on the Red Coalition (by default, Iran is Neutral)

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added Coalition remark.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Your welcome, guys :)

Thanks for sharing, very nice ... Static Templates are such a useful means of organizing assets, adding them to new missions as needed.

I've made a few for adding scenery & air defense to Iran's airbases, plus RAT red traffic on Iran .. but there are still a few left to do .. when complete I will add them here :)

Best regards

Yes! Please do. I remember seeing your VPC template but couldn't find them when I wanted to download them :thumbup:

As pointed out by Rudel chw, I made a mistake with the Oilfield template, placing all of them under Iran while they belong to the UAE, so I've added a second template rectifying this and I've also added a third one using upuaut's Helipads mod to add some diversity (using his redsands, seafort and oil rig object)

I also added an UN refugee camp template, see first post.

2p6aVU9.png

oiURijc.png

P7CeFgT.png

Edited by Eight Ball

WOW. I just clicked and added about 4 -6 hours work minimum. Thank you so much for uploading these, massive, massive time save and a great initiative to do more. I especially love how you didn't interfere with parking spot, but complemented the existing airports.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

WOW. I just clicked and added about 4 -6 hours work minimum. Thank you so much for uploading these, massive, massive time save and a great initiative to do more. I especially love how you didn't interfere with parking spot, but complemented the existing airports.

Thanks for your kind words :)

I really tried to not put obstacles on the parking areas, in order to not interfere with the random traffic that I like to add for immersion (that’s another template that I will share as soon as it is fully tested).

Please add UAE airbases templates...

I’m on that :) it just take time to gather the most apropiate liveries

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

)

Very nice, tough a bit of a special-use item :)

Thanks a lot for putting a pointer to my templates on the first post, very toughtful :D

I’ve been playing a lot with your Oil Fields, it was a very interesting concept .. up to this point all the missions I’ve seen use 3-4 rigs max, yours is really extensive, so much so that it was a natural to add civil helicopters hopping between them, making use of @funkyfranky’s RAT scripts. Adding ships is more difficult since there isnt an order "goto waypoint 1" for shipping :(

Best regards

As pointed out by Rudel chw, I made a mistake with the Oilfield template, placing all of them under Iran while they belong to the UAE, so I've added a second template rectifying this and I've also added a third one using upuaut's Helipads mod to add some diversity (using his redsands, seafort and oil rig object)

2p6aVU9.png

oiURijc.png

P7CeFgT.png

Which mod has the civilians????

I've been looking for that for like forever.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Which mod has the civilians????

I've been looking for that for like forever.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302379/

:)

If you have MOOSE loaded, you can add the following in a run script to get the ships to loop:

MyShipObj=GROUP:FindByName("MyShip")

MyShipObj: PatrolRoute()

You will need a new object declared for each ship you want doing laps. Put this in the advanced action waypoint as a "Run Script". Then your ships will loop.

Very nice, tough a bit of a special-use item :)

Thanks a lot for putting a pointer to my templates on the first post, very toughtful :D

I’ve been playing a lot with your Oil Fields, it was a very interesting concept .. up to this point all the missions I’ve seen use 3-4 rigs max, yours is really extensive, so much so that it was a natural to add civil helicopters hopping between them, making use of @funkyfranky’s RAT scripts. Adding ships is more difficult since there isnt an order "goto waypoint 1" for shipping :(

Best regards

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Pikey said:
If you have MOOSE loaded, you can add the following in a run script to get the ships to loop:

MyShipObj=GROUP:FindByName("MyShip")

MyShipObj: PatrolRoute()

You will need a new object declared for each ship you want doing laps. Put this in the advanced action waypoint as a "Run Script". Then your ships will loop.

Yes, I do have Moose loaded (in order to have RAT helos transporting things between the rigs 🙂 )

Thanks for your suggestion .. will give it a try today and let you know how it goes 😄

Cheers

Edit: It worked perfectly, take a look:

Now, I've to create a mission that makes use of this Oil field, perhaps a rescue Mission with the Kuznetsov and several Mi-8 🙂

Thanks for the advice, Cheers!

Edited by Rudel_chw

Hello,

Here is a Static Template to provide background air traffic (RAT) at Iran, to complement the airfield scenery of my previous Templates. Download

The download file should be uncompressed on your /Saved Games/DCS folder and it will extract into the following subfolders:

/Liveries : Contains iranian liveries for the aircrafts used on the Template. If you've used my previous Templates, you probably already have them, so overwrite if needed.

/StaticTemplate : Contains the Template proper, it just have one unit for each plane, to be used by the script.

/Missions : Contains a sample mission that uses the template and the script, and also contains the RAT script in lua format.

Unfortunately, Static Templates can only include Units and their waypoints .. it can not include triggers or scripts, so to use this particular Template you will need to add to your mission not only the Template, but also the Script that is now at the Saved Games/DCS/Missions folder.

The Script uses the Moose framework, that you should download from this link: https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases (you just need the Moose.lua file of the latest release), I suggest that you save it on the same folder as my script ( /saved games/dcs/missions)

To use the scripts on your own mission, you have to add two triggers .. the first one should load Moose and looks like this:

Lw8jmfv.jpg

The second one loads my script (actually its just a specification set that makes use of the RAT component of Moose), like this:

vW9s7Bw.jpg

And that's it 🙂 ... here is a short video that shows how the background air traffic gets generated and moves without needing your input:

Even so, they do provide life to the airbases, and force you to be careful when taxying your plane, contact ATC for clearances.

Best regards

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

Awesome Rudel! Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome ... thanks for providing a proper thread for sharing them. Hopefully ED will add a "Static Template" type to the Files section and then I can put them there, for now I believe they are better here :)

I've updated the first post and provided a direct link to your post to make sure people will read the instructions, as it require a tiny bit more manipulations than a normal template.

Yes .. the actual template is very basic indeed, as it only has a single unit for each aircraft & helicopter, marked as "late activation" and used by the script as "templates" when spawning aircrafts.

I put the helos in pairs, as they rarely fly alone in real life; while the aircrafts are single. Pity that most airfields gave me trouble with the aircrafts .. they can land there, but on most the take-off didnt work :(

If this template is sucessful, I have a similar one with just civilian traffic that goes across the map and also between the airfields of the Map .. but I want to see first how people adapts to manually adding the triggers :)

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw

Eight Ball i´m trying to use the Refugee Camp template but when im loading it on the editor map, nothing is there. Not a single static object.

Both no crowd or crowded versions.

Other templates are working Ok so i dont know what is happening.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I assume you have all the required mods installed?

Do they work on their own? Can you place Ranger's 79 objects or Upuaut's tent in the ME ?

I'm gonna test asap

EDIT: I've tested both and they work here.

Just in case I've repacked them and attached to this post

StaticTemplate.zip

Edited by Eight Ball

Is very strange, i have all the mods needed but the template is loading nothing.

Anyway dont worry, i will discover whats happening here.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4