The Adjara Oil Incident - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
leonardo_c

Default The Adjara Oil Incident

Hello, had a copy of DCS (A-10C) since 2011 but never had a machine good enough to run it.
Now I do have and have been spending some time with it.

I created this mini-campaign (6 missions) for the A-10C thinking about a hypothetical scenario where Turkey invades the Autonomous Republic of Adjara.

Hope you enjoy it, and if you do probably there will be another one coming later in the Persian Gulf.

No mods required apart the A-10C (which can be replaced with an A-10A or any other plane of your choice).

Feedback (good and bad) will be appreciated in order to improve

DOWNLOAD: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3302705/

To not lose track of the changes I will be attaching the latest campaign zip to this post.

• 01/12/2018: Fix a missing spawning JTAC (not mission required though) and a couple of spelling errors. Added more information on two mission briefings.
  • 11/11/2018: Updated missions failing JTAC and fixed a bug in the Rescue Pilot mission
  • 04/12/2018: Lowered JTAC ceiling on first mission

Last edited by leonardo_c; 12-04-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: attach file
leonardo_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo_c View Post
... Feedback (good and bad) will be appreciated in order to improve

I gave it a short try of its first Mission, but the lack of a proper briefing turned me off a bit

The mission only provides a short Situation description, but there are no Mission Objectives, no intelligence on the enemy's forces, nor a diagram of the planned flight plan ... I need those things in order to know what to do and what is expected of my pilot in order to complete the Mission and progress on the Campaign.

I like that you are willing to share your missions, and hopefully you can polish them a bit more ... probably you have played these missions several times while designing them, you know them by heart ... but you need to see them from the point of view of someone new to the Campaign, check if you are providing enough info for them to complete the mission.

Best regards,

Eduardo
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
leonardo_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
I gave it a short try of its first Mission, but the lack of a proper briefing turned me off a bit

The mission only provides a short Situation description, but there are no Mission Objectives, no intelligence on the enemy's forces, nor a diagram of the planned flight plan ...

Hi Eduardo, thanks for the input.
You are absolutely right, I played those missions lots of times and know them by heart.

As for the "no mission objectives" or "intelligence on enemy forces" my intention is to let the player see things evolving in the first mission.
There are no clear objectives and no clear assessment on the enemy threat because there is not yet a state of war.
My idea is that you are a flying as an observer and suddenly things happen forcing the player to react quickly.

But you are right, I left out that information also on the following missions and made too many assumptions on what the player would be expecting.

That's a good insight for the future stuff.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
leonardo_c

New updated version, I made some enemy units visible on the planner map.
Also some areas which trigger mission eventsare now visible.

As a final touch I reworked quite a bit the briefings:
* clear objectives (hopefully!)
* allied groups and how to contact them
* threat assessment information.

Required modules:
* A-10C (but every mission could be modified to use SU-25 or SU-25T)

Enjoy

Last edited by leonardo_c; 10-29-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #5
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Thanks a lot .. will give it a try soon
Rudel_chw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
Gibo

Hy Leonardo I tried your campaign and all goes well till 3th mission (the one you have to destroy Batumi bridge). I destroyed the bridge with Gbu 10 but I do not get the mission accomplished message. I tried the mission tree times withe the same resoults (bridge destroyed but mission faild). First and second mission ok.
Thank you for the campaign.
regards
Gibo
Gibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #7
leonardo_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
Hy Leonardo I tried your campaign and all goes well till 3th mission (the one you have to destroy Batumi bridge). I destroyed the bridge with Gbu 10 but I do not get the mission accomplished message. I tried the mission tree times withe the same resoults (bridge destroyed but mission faild). First and second mission ok.
regards
Gibo

Thanks Gibo, I guess there must be some problem with the mission goal there.
Currently it is set a "bomb GBU-10 in Bridge Zone" where bridge zone is a 650ft radius area around the bridge (you can see it opening the mission in the mission editor).
I will check how to reproduce your issue, it worked fine for me, probably there is some other way to do set that goal in a more reliable way.
Thanks for the help

EDIT: replicated easily, indeed no score for me also. Time to debug.

Last edited by leonardo_c; 10-27-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:24 PM   #8
leonardo_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
regards
Gibo

Fixed the problem.
Apparently the problem is that the goal was to have "1" GBU in the bridge area.
If you drop 2 (and usually you would) then the flag goes to false again.
So now I fixed that with a flag that will not be set by the mission goal but before, so the flag will be true by mission's end.
I tried the fix and it worked fine. I also added a communication message to notify the player that the GBU-10 was dropped in the expected area.

Thanks for the feedback

Last edited by leonardo_c; 10-29-2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: editing
Old 10-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #9
calys

Cool

S.O: Win7 64bit
MB: ASUS P8H67
(Audio card integrated)
CPU: INTEL Core i7 2600 3.4Ghz 8MB
GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB
HD: Western Digital 1000GB 7200rpm 8MB
RAM: DDR3 1600Mhz 16GB Corsair
Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU
calys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #10
leonardo_c

Updated a bug in the Rescue Pilot mission and fixed two JTAC bugs. Updated the Predator to Reaper as well.