Huey Ramp Start Voice-over

Simicro

1. Overview

When I flew the Oilfield Campaign for the Mi-8, I loved the built-in voice-over feature for Ramp Start.

So I decided to do a Ramp Start voice-over for the Huey, at a more modest scale.

Please note that my main goal was to create an audio ambience and I do not claim to be 100% realistic.

Below is the link for you to download a freeflight containing triggers for voice-over.

2. Download

Click here

3. Features (voice-over list)

1. AC Phase
2. Main Generator On
3. ESS-Bus
4. Battery On
5. Fuel On
6. Force Trim On
7. Hydraulic Control On
8. Engine Start
9. Revs increasing... Temperature increasing
10. Ready to take-off!
11. And here we go!

4. Notes and known limitations

• Start up sequence must follow Chuck's Guide
  • Voice-overs work only once per flight session
  • Engine Start and Rev increasing triggers only work if you start the mission from the Mission Editor
  • I will upload the file on the DCS File Library later

5. Credits

• Technology for cockpit arguments check: Dzen
  • US voice-over actor: throttleupvoice

6. Thanks to

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Wow, Awesome!!

Downloading now!

Thanks for your work!!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I ran it from the ME and it all worked except I didn't hear 7 & 8.

I followed your startup sequence in your list, but it didn't play 9 until I turned the Inverter on.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Thanks for your fast feedback.

In my experience buttons triggers works fine but I'll check for "7. Hydraulic Control On".

I've not understood completely the subtlety for gauge triggers, typically for "8. Engine Start" based on Gas Producer Tachometer. So I'll need to investigate that.

"9. Revs increasing" is playing like 15 seconds after "8. Engine Start".

"10. Ready to take-off!" is triggered by setting the Inverter to On.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Thanks the first couple of links I haven’t seen and needed for my upcoming training missions I like the idea of the voice over since that’s how a two person crew would run the checklists I am going to use a -10 checklist in addition to chucks tutorials

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Worked fine for me. I slightly missed the "throttle to left" (like in the Oilfield...except that it was throttle to right). I'm not sure about the volume though. I had to increase it a bit. The volume felt a bit too low IMO, but maybe that's just on my PC. Also, it would be nice if the voice over would have more of a "comms" effect. It sounds too clear to me. Anyway, for sure a nice addition.

Thanks for taking time to send your feedback rg75. Can you confirm that all the triggers worked for you? Did you launch the mission from the DCS Mission menu or the Mission Editor?

To be honest, this is my first mission with triggers and cockpit triggers are not the easiest ones (especially gauges status check). That's why I decided to keep it simple and mostly focused on essential things at this time. It is somewhat a prototype.

If I do a new version, I will certainly consider higher volume and "comms" effect ; and possibly a more comprehensive and realistic checklist.

That will depend on:

- The demand or interest of the community

- My technical skills which are limited as I have no programming background)

- Help from volunteering and knowledgeable mates in the community

- Tony -

• ED Team

Works nice!

One small note. I've missed some steps (missed IFF - OK not implemented, hydraulics, radar altimeter - not implemented, but would be nice) and got "Ready for takeoff" message.

IMHO, there should be "safety" flags which are to be checked to prevent incomplete start procedure announced as completed.

Best Regards, Dmitry.

"Чтобы дойти до цели, надо прежде всего идти." © О. Бальзак

Thanks for your feedback Laivynas.

You are right for the missing flags to prevent the "Ready for takeoff" message. I confess that I have been lazy :D I will certainly add flags in the next release.

And most importantly, many thanks for the Helicopter startup voice scripting Tutorial :thumbup:

It has been my main helper.

Without it, I would not have been impossible for me to release this mission.

- Tony -

Very good work, but IMHO the voice should anticipate your actions and not follow them: first the copilot reads you the checklist step, then you perform the required action, and further then maybe you could have a "check" confirmation by the voice that the required action has been performed. If all of this can be saved as a template, this could be the Ideal start for any uh-1 mission.

Very good work, but IMHO the voice should anticipate your actions and not follow them: first the copilot reads you the checklist step, then you perform the required action, and further then maybe you could have a "check" confirmation by the voice that the required action has been performed. If all of this can be saved as a template, this could be the Ideal start for any uh-1 mission.
Wouldn't the user be the one to say "Check!" since they are performing the action?

In any case, this would be a nice add to the immersion of any multi-crew aircraft mission!

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Thanks ... really interesting stuff :) ... I'm now playing with Modelviewer :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I think I've found some errors:

1) right door argument number is 422, why do you use argument 38? If I change 38 with 422 it works.

2) what is argument 215 you use for "ready to take-off"? I can't find it in the arguments list.

3) maybe you should add the inverter set to on and the starter generator set to stand by before "ready to take off".

Am I wrong? Could you explain? :thumbup:

Imo it would be best to use the voice over as a challenge response checklist routine following the -10 checklist have the. Copilot call out the challenge then the pilot does the task then once the task is completed you here the pilot say check then the copilot calls out the next item in. The checklist and the pilot does his thing

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thank you all for your kind feedback.

@Reflected: actually my creativity consisted in copying wink.gif to the Huey the original idea seen in the excellent Oilfield Campaign for the Mi-8. Also the start-up voice-over in that campaign is much more complete and realistic than mine. And without the tutorial of Laivynas, the author of Oilfield, it would have been impossible for me to release this.

@Rudel_chw: nice to see you here mate ;) I can see that you read Laivynas' Tutorial. That is indeed the 1st one to read (because the most structuring for a beginner with cockpit triggers) evenf if the other tutorials are useful too.

@nessuno0505, Snacko, BlacleyCole: if I go for a new major version, I will certainly consider pilot/co-pilot reading/confirming action or checks.

@nessuno0505:

1) Actually, during the design, I messed up between left/right/cockpit door and it did not work. So I should have removed the trigger but I forgot. So you saw it. Funnily, in the end: I made two mistakes that result in a win! You are right, 422 works, so I'll correct that in the next minor release. Many thanks! Much appreciated :thumbup:

2) 215 is "Inverter Main On" that is the last mandatory action to be performed. Hence the "ready for take-off"

3) "starter generator set to stand by": I'll check but you are probably right.

Thanks again for your valuable contribution :)

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

Simico would youMind me using your voice overs in my project it would save me some time

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Simico would youMind me using your voice overs in my project it would save me some time

Hello BlacleyCole,

Actually all the voice-over are from a professional voice actor whom I paid $17,00 USD for:

• Commercial Use
  • Up to 125 Words
  • HQ Audio File(wav)

As I paid for the rights I am happy to share the files with you. I can PM you the wav files you if you wish?

I would just like to ask you 2 things:

• When you release your project, please add credit and link to his service: throttleupvoice
  • If you need other voice over, please consider to go with him

Prices are quite OK IMHO and he responds and does the job very quickly. Besides, I did not know when I chose him but he has an autistic son, and to be with his son, he does the voice job home full time.

- Tony -

As you told me, I tested it with starting from ME and starting from Mission menu.

With ME, I've got all the ones below:

1. AC Phase

2. Main Generator On

3. ESS-Bus

4. Battery On

5. Fuel On

6. Force Trim On

7. Hydraulic Control On

8. Engine Start

9. Revs increasing... Temperature increasing

10. Ready to take-off!

11. And here we go!

With starting from mission, 8 and 9 did not trigger.

Do you consider adding the missing ones like turning on radio altimeter, starter gen standby and IIF?

Many thanks rge75 :thumbup:

Good infos. So there is actually a problem with launching from Mission Menu. Same for me. I'll have to seek help in the Mission Builder's forum.

Regarding radio altimeter, starter gen standby and IIF : yes.

- Tony -

IFF : there are several positions. Which should launch the trigger? And what should be the voice-over?

Radio altimeter: what should be the voice-over? "Radio altimeter on"?

Regarding the voice-actor: what do you think of his voice?

- Tony -