[FIXED] Comm issues

Talonx1

Specifically,

1. AM/FM selector flicking back and forth on its own after its been pressed once. Any time it changes on its own it interrupts any attempt at inputting a frequency. Some times pressing a different UFC selection button makes it stop, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes changing to a different preset and back again makes it stop.

2. Manual frequency input not working sometimes. Was supposedly fixed in a recent patch but I went from it working fine to working sporadically as a result of that patch. In the attached video it only fails to accept the input a couple of times but sometimes I can sit there for half an hour and it will never work.

3. Once a manual frequency IS accepted it takes over every pre-set channel. As I change to presets it briefly shows the preset then switches to display the manual channel.

Probably a few other things I'm forgetting but video is attached. I recorded from cold start to include everything up to that point that I did. Jump to time 2:10 to go straight to comm controls.

In the video... (The cursor didnt record so I'll explain a few things as they happen)

-Aware that at first I try to program a freq to channel 1 on comm one which obviously doesnt work. I meant to pull the comm 2 knob before input but it didnt take. You cant see the cursor but you can see the tool tip show up over the comm 2 knob just before I input the number.

-I then input a manual freq on comm 2 which works and hit the AM/FM button. You can see it starts changing back and forth and if I attempt to go to comm 1 it reverts back to comm 2.

-I then press GRCV (3:39) and AM/FM stops flicking back and forth and I'm able to change to comm 1.

-I'm then able to program a channel to manual on comm 1 and even press the AM/FM button a couple of times without it getting possessed.

-I then go back to comm 2 and the AM/FM button is going wacky again. I try hitting other UFC select buttons but nothing works this time until I change to a preset that has a blank field for AM/FM (4:42) then when I go back to M the AM/FM selection has stabilized until I hit UFC Selection 4 again then it once again starts flicking back and forth.

-I switch through channels and back again and it stops which is when I then notice that the manual freq is showing up for every preset.

-I then change the manual freq just to see if it then puts that freq over all the other channels and it does.

Just to be clear this is just an example. Each time I load it may behave slightly differently. In this video for example I'm able to program freq's successfully but other times it wont work at all. Sometimes pressing a different UFC selection will stop the AM/FM flickering every time and sometimes it wont. Often times even though I have the proper frequency programmed I still cannot contact the tower (grayed out comms selections and no response.) Sometimes it will work if the freq is programmed into comm 2 but not in comm 1 and it makes no difference whether I initiate the comms with the hotkey for comm 1 or comm 2. Sometimes the tower will respond on the first try and sometimes I can try 10 times even when it's lit up (not greyed out) and it wont work till the 10th try and sometimes never. Comms in general are extremely erratic.

Edit: Forgot to mention, DCS is up to date, I've tried performing a repair and I've tried removing the f-18 module and reinstalling it again.

High res still processing, HD should be available shortly.

Edited by Talonx1

NOT FIXED, not sure why this post was marked fixed. This video was made about 30 minutes ago on the current build. Unless by fixed you mean it WILL be in the next upcoming build?

Edited by Talonx1

To give more context to the frequency problem in the presets. It wasn’t rewriting the frequencies it was just showing the manual frequency all the time. That was with SRS. So we had a manual frequency of 118.500 and changed to preset 4 on Comm 1. Preset 4 was 235.650 but it showed 118.500 but we were still transmitting on 235.650. So it’s just the display of the frequency that was wrong. Again that was using SRS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just as an update, I removed the keybinds I had setup for comm volume controls and reloaded and the problem has vanished. I was previously using 2 knobs on my hotas to control volume. Now I have nothing assigned to them and have no problem. Others with the same problem that already dont have anything bound to those volume controls still have the problem though.